Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
30-Centauri-A

Default Model A Original Color

I have a 1930 Model A that is in very good shape that I see just needs to be cleaned up. One item that needs redoing is the paint. If possible I would like to use the original color that was on the car when it left the factory. I originally posted this question on the H.A.M.B. and was directed here, I was told someone here on the Ford Barn would know. On the H.A.M.B. I was also given two great links of original colors used on the Model A.

The car currently has a rough black paint job. I scratched of some paint in two areas. Inside the door under the black is a nice looking blue that appears very much like Washington Blue, then a black primer then bare metal. Inside the a-pillar under the black is a dark grey-blue, a bright yellow, a black primer then metal.

I would think Washington Blue would be the original color except that it is only on the door, so I'm thinking that might not be the original color; but it is still a great candidate for a possible color to use.

Is there a way to find the original color using the engine serial number or some other way?
30-Centauri-A is offline   Reply With Quote