Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
Ian1932

Default A Shout of Thanks!

All, I know my roadster right now might not really fit in the realm of what this site is truly all about. My 5w coupe, when i start that, will fit this site perfectly, i promise! I appreciate all those who are helping me through this, as you can all probably tell, im flying by the seat of my pants. I am working on this car 100% by myself. I have zero local friends that know enough about this "stuff", if they do they just want to see a cherry red hot-rod with a blower and annoy me always trying to steer me in the direction i dont want to go with this car. If i didnt respond to your comments in a thread, i assure you i read them all and take it with high value! Awesome knowledge in this group here. I could not do any of this without!!! This is the only forum i belong to and feel no need for any others...

Thank You!!!!

Last edited by Ian1932; 11-20-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Ian1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
35fordtn

Default Re: A Shout of Thanks!

Are you a Early Ford V-8 Club member?

If you are not you might have interest in joining if nothing else, then for the magazine..

PS I see you also are in TN
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
Ian1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
Are you a Early Ford V-8 Club member?

If you are not you might have interest in joining if nothing else, then for the magazine..

PS I see you also are in TN
Im in TN and PA. I have a stupid job, keeps me running. Winter is the the time where im in PA, summer im in TN, or back and fourth...
Old 11-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
35fordtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1932 View Post
Im in TN and PA. I have a stupid job, keeps me running. Winter is the the time where im in PA, summer im in TN, or back and fourth...
That seems backwards from ideal!

You mentioned your father in your posts, mind me asking your age?
Old 11-19-2019, 11:28 AM   #5
Ian1932

Quote:
That seems backwards from ideal!

You mentioned your father in your posts, mind me asking your age?
42 my dad is 87, he had his first 32' at 17, that is the same car im working on now.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #6
35fordtn

Wow it’s good to hear of someone else of a younger age enthusiastic about these cars
Old 11-19-2019, 11:55 AM   #7
Ian1932

Quote:
Wow it’s good to hear of someone else of a younger age enthusiastic about these cars
I have been always interested in them but my dad was involved in several hobbies including airplanes, which i was into heavy at one time. When he worked on cars, i was working on girls or i was really young. Now i have a family and a decent job my interest really took off. I enjoy "not" knowing so much because when i take something kinda crappy and get it to look nice, the mental reward is really great. I am fortunate that my dad collected so much stuff as i could never afford to buy buy buy. Pretty much its cost of paint and my time. I never was into the hot rod stuff and never really cared about that at all. Im fascinated by old Detroit and bury myself in documentaries about early fords and Henry Ford, also the old city of Detroit back in the day. I have also spent several nights sleeping in the back of a station wagon, then walking Carlise and Hershey for days. I am also fortunate that i have an extended family heavy into drag racing, they have a excellent engine shop, so when it comes to engines they can really help me out with minimal cost...

Last edited by Ian1932; 11-19-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #8
Seth Swoboda

Ian,

As Michael said, you should consider joining the Early Ford V8 Club. There is going to be an Eastern National Meet in Morgantown PA this coming year. You'll have a lot of fun there. I'm 39 years old and there are some other young guys that attend the meets too. Michael being one of them. Never a dull moment.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:57 PM   #9
Ian1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post
Ian,

As Michael said, you should consider joining the Early Ford V8 Club. There is going to be an Eastern National Meet in Morgantown PA this coming year. You'll have a lot of fun there. I'm 39 years old and there are some other young guys that attend the meets too. Michael being one of them. Never a dull moment.
Absolutely! Looking forward to meeting some people...
Old 11-19-2019, 11:01 PM   #10
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post
Ian,

Yeah, us older guys taught them youngin's how to really party at these meets

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:07 PM   #11
35fordtn

Ian,
Are you currently a V-8 club member? If you aren’t pm me your info, as I’d gladly pay for your first year
Old 11-20-2019, 07:20 AM   #12
Ian1932

Quote:
Ian,
Are you currently a V-8 club member? If you aren’t pm me your info, as I’d gladly pay for your first year
WOW! Thanks for your generosity! I could never accept that and will gladly pay my own dues...But thanks for your kindness!
Old 11-20-2019, 07:51 AM   #13
Bored&Stroked

Hey Ian/Nick . . . seems you are headed the right direction with the Roadster - I don't see anything about what you're doing that isn't a great fit for this site. After all, it is your family's car - and the history, heritage and tribute that you're paying to your father - speaks very highly of you! Keep after it!
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #14
Ian1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
Hey Ian/Nick . . . seems you are headed the right direction with the Roadster - I don't see anything about what you're doing that isn't a great fit for this site. After all, it is your family's car - and the history, heritage and tribute that you're paying to your father - speaks very highly of you! Keep after it!

Im sure several members are ok with what im doing. I do know that the site itself was intended for more bone stock unmodified cars with atleast the Henry Ford intended design. It would probably fit better @ the HAMB. I am at some time later going bring this car to a more stock look possibly as i have all the parts needed to do so. But, for now its going to be what dad planned for it. Glad your enjoying the build! Thanks for the compliments!
Old 11-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #15
jimvette59

Hi Nick/Ian I just found this posting and I am happy to find out that's your Father's car you are working on. Well your chassis isn't black or is that primer ? If it's paint then you have made changes already and a Hot Rod doesn't have to have a blower etc. etc. etc. it could be a newer style interior and radio also updated steering system. As you can see in my avatar you also can be diversified. Thank you for selling me the doors. Jim T.
jimvette59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #16
Ian1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvette59 View Post
Hi Nick/Ian I just found this posting and I am happy to find out that's your Father's car you are working on. Well your chassis isn't black or is that primer ? If it's paint then you have made changes already and a Hot Rod doesn't have to have a blower etc. etc. etc. it could be a newer style interior and radio also updated steering system. As you can see in my avatar you also can be diversified. Thank you for selling me the doors. Jim T.
Sure, you'll love the "T" doors im sure! If paint color defines as a hotrod, well then what it is...Remember, im not doing this car the way that i want to do it but my dads way...lol

Last edited by Ian1932; 11-20-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #17
DavidG

Nick,

I think a good measure of just how welcome you are on this site is the number of responses you've received to your questions. Please keep 'em coming as knowledge not shared is knowledge lost.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:17 PM   #18
TJ

Ian , just for info the Early Ford V-8 Club has vehicle classifications for cars such as yours. The magazine is what you really need. It comes 6 times per year and is loaded with good flathead car information. You don't need to come to meetings or join a regional group. Just wait for the mail every two months and get the best magazine on 32-53 Ford cars that is out there.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:53 AM   #19
corvette8n

I bought the USB stick with the back issues of the magazine, what a great resource, loaded it onto my phones memory card. I read it when ever I get some down time, I'm up to 1974.
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #20
35fordtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvette8n View Post
I bought the USB stick with the back issues of the magazine, what a great resource, loaded it onto my phones memory card. I read it when ever I get some down time, I'm up to 1974.
I have three flash drives and they are handy as can be!

LOTS of information.. Guys that don't own one should put it on their Christmas list!

https://shop.efv8.org/collections/me...es-flash-drive