Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-25-2019, 08:04 PM   #1
raybee

Default Ardun v8 60 heads?

What ever happened to the NOS pair that Cotton Werksman had that were for sale several years ago?
raybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
KiWinUS

Default Re: Ardun v8 60 heads?

Or the 2 sets that went up for auction in June/ in Ohio I believe
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:35 AM   #3
40 Deluxe

Or what about the hemi heads made by Ford of Brazil? Or was it Argentina? Any of these still around?
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:28 AM   #4
KiWinUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
Or what about the hemi heads made by Ford of Brazil? Or was it Argentina? Any of these still around?
Not so sure it was Ford that made them in Brazil.
Emi-Sul was the name of the engine.
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:52 PM   #5
oldford2

checkout this flathead

Emi-Sul heads ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AmRgGuXAzk
oldford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #6
Ronnieroadster

The Emi Sul produced in Brazil took place when Chrysler purchased the Simca car line around 1959 from France. They moved the Simca production to Brazil and began production. In 1965 Chrysler had the engineering department work on an overhead valve V-8 engine designed using the V-8 sixty block layout. The Emi Sul head is the results of those efforts. Over the years I have had two complete EmiSul Hemi engines which I imported from Brazil horsepower was rated at 160. At this time I have two complete sets of those little Hemi heads which bolt directly onto the Ford V-8 sixty block.
Comparing the heads to the ARDUN conversion for the full size Flathead block its extremely obvious the engineers in 1965 simply copied the full size ARDUN conversion by down sizing the dimensions to make the Emi Sul heads fit the sixty block. The total production in Brazil of the Emi Sul was about 50,000 engines produced from 1965 to 1971. One Brazilian car running the engine name plate was GTX muscle cars were world wide but most of us had no idea this was taking place. The original designer of the ARDUN head conversion George Kudash who worked on the ARDUN project for Zora Arcus Duntov was a close friend of mine. When I imported the first complete engine years ago I invited George over to see what Chrysler designed following his work from 1947. Georges comment to me at the time being an engineer seeing his work copied said it was actually flattering.
Its a small world for sure. If anyone has an interest in a set of these little Hemi heads let me know I have one set available.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:21 PM   #7
Bored&Stroked

I saw a couple sets of Ardun 60 heads and some engines with these heads for sale at a big auction a month of so ago . . . I think the average sale price for the engines/heads was north of $40K - I was a bit shocked at what one bidder paid for this stuff.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote