Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Vicky

Smile 2013 Great Race

My wife and I will be participating in the 2013 Great Race in our 31 Model A Victoria. The Great Race will start in St Paul, MN on 22 June at the Back-to-the-50s Car Show and finish in downtown Mobile, AL on 30 June. We will rally down the Mississippi, crossing the river 11 times, entering 10 different states, during our 9-day, 2200 mile journey. If you would like to track our progress as well as the progress of the other teams, visit the Great Race Web-Site at: www.greatrace.com and select “Scoring” at the top of the page. You can also follow the route and by clicking the “Schedule” tab on the left. At the overnight stops, the cars are displayed until about 8:00 PM if you would like to stop by and see some very interesting vehicles. Stop by and say hello, Bob and Lois Beers, Car #12. This is a fun event.
As part of the competition, we are also part of the Fight Against Autism Charity. A friend of mine created this charity as a Non-Profit 501 (c) 3 organization in honor of his Grandson who is challenged with Autism. Ever cent he collects is donated to different organizations fighting Autism. There is no overhead and he does not keep a cent of the money collected. If you would like to support the Fight Against Autism, go to https://vcra.ejoinme.org/?tabid=463222 and select the team of your choice to donate, our team is: "Two Beers To Go" Rally Team, Bob and Lois Beers, Car #12. None of the money collected goes to the Rally Teams or the Great Race; it is all goes to the Race Against Autism. Thank you. We appreciate your support.

Bob
Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
clocey

Default Re: 2013 Great Race

Good luck! I live near Davenport, Iowa which is one of your stops and I plan on being at the Freight House to see all the cars come in. I have a son with special needs and Alex's best friend is autistic. I hope to see you on Sunday and I plan on stopping by to say hello, and Thank You for supporting a great cause.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
modelAtony

Vicky, yall have a great and safe run. Will be seeing you in Crowley, LA for lunch and maybe in Covington, LA before end of race. Really glad you and your wife get to do this. Just like a BEER RUN . have fun modelAtony Lafayette,LA
modelAtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
John Stone

We plan to be in Cape Girardeau, MO. Prime goal is to meet my brother-in-law Taylor Merrill but will look you guys up also. Have 4 A's from Wichita making the trip.
John Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Jordan

Jealous! The Great Race is on my bucket list.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Vicky

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
This was on my Bucket List, but I decided I need to do it now while I still can (I think).

If you want to try a Vintage Car Rally, VCRA (www.vintagecarrally.com) has a Three-Day Rally in April (usually in Eastern Oklahoma) and there is a Sugar Valley Rally (www.sugarvalleyrally.com) in Scottsbluff, NE the first week of June. Both are a lot of fun.

Hope you can give it a try.
Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Rowdy
BANNED

I am going to be 3 days too late to catch the Davenport Ia. stop. Making a trip to meet a guy to deliver his parts on the 26th. Just my luck bad timing and I can not change the plans as I have to work on the 23rd. Good luck. I know how much work goes into a car for the GR after helping Spence with the Splinter box. Long distance help, but a ton of fun and work. Rod
Old 06-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
clocey

I hope your first day went well. Good luck on your drive into Iowa. I hope to see you Sunday afternoon.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #9
bobv

Visited with Bob and Lois at the start of the race in St Paul. Nice people, nice car, wishing them good luck.
bobv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
clocey

Had the chance to talk with Bob and a member of his support crew today. He has an amazing car and I wish him the best of luck!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
Pinstripe

any update? I saw your car in Lacrosse Very nice!
Pinstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
Stick Shift

I drove the " Indian Motorcycle" truck to Bellevue IA and watched. Good day and I had fun. I think this will be on my bucket list now too.
Stick Shift is offline   Reply With Quote