Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #121
Aok

Default Re: Mac's survey

The only problem I have had with the new macs is the still are slooow. I placed a small order (under $50) when I got their new catalog it took them a week to ship it, placed a similar order with Snyders it shipped the next day.
Aok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #122
Ross/Kzoo

Sounds like an epitaph! RIP
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #123
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
More than that, there are professional restorers that won't use them either.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #124
ronn

I am surprised at the complaints that Mac's is expensive. Overall I have found them to cost less. Regarding the time to ship, I guess a lot of guys on this board are retired and have nothing better to do then to wait for the postman. I have found shipping time adequate.
My complaint is horrible customer service-minimum wage employees that know nothing about parts-order takers if you will. And for that, I will never use Macs again.
Enough is enough.
Well, it was fun to beat the dead horse....
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #125
Franchise_24

Well Ron, maybe on some parts they are cheaper, but how can you explain them charging 3 TIMES the price of other places on a simple wiper kit? That's enough to make me not give them a second look I'm afriad.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #126
Forker

I just got off the phone with Mac's customer service trying to track down half of an order that is still pending. It wasn't a critical item so I wasn't all that upset.

The customer service person who took my call couldn't have tried harder to be responsive and understanding...clearly she'd been schooled in improving customer service satisfaction. It took a little longer than it should have, problem partly due to multiple computer systems at Mac's assigning two order numbers?? Not sure I know why or understand why that is, but it was offered as an explanation.

The first half of the order arrived quickly by mail, but where they dropped the ball imo is that the second item on the order is back ordered...I received no notification that it was on back order...and the order was placed over two weeks ago.

Upon confirming it was on back order, but having no idea until when, they have offered to contact supplier and let me know how much longer. You could argue that this should be standard procedure on all back orders; especially notifying the customer with a status update, which is pretty standard practice on internet orders in general.

Like I said, not a critical item, so I'm not all that upset, which wouldn't be the case if it was a critical item. The customer service person was very responsive and trying to make things right (clearly not arrogant as had been reported by others in the past). Sounds like there order system is being merged with another or being replaced by another and causing a few glitches. As a matter of fact, it was down while we were speaking and she was taking notes to enter when it came back up.

Personally, I have ordered from just about everyone in the space and haven’t been real unhappy with any body. Obviously someone has made an investment in Mac’s and it stands to reason that no one does that unless they want to own and grow a profitable business. Taking a customer satisfaction survey is a sure example of management wanting to hear it all so they can begin to address as much as possible, as fast as possible; because no one buys a business to run it poorly and lose their investment. It does take time to fix some things, like ordering systems etc…it doesn’t take any time to fix arrogance and that seemed to be gone completely, and replaced with a very positive behavior.

Clearly everyone should and will do business with whoever they wish to, as will I. But there is one thing to keep in mind, we all win when there is more competition for our business then when there is less competition. So I for one wish the new management the best of luck.

george
Forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #127
Rowdy
BANNED

Never bought from them and never intend to. I am a loyal customer of Bert's and Birdhaven Vintage Auto Parts. If ordering Flathead parts Early V8 in Walker, Ia. No need to deal with problematic suppliers. Rod
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #128
whirnot

I am kind of new to the Model A world but have bought all my parts at Berts. No handling charge, and shipping confirmation W/tracking number, 2 hours after they opened. I call that pretty good service. Also great folks to talk to if you need advice, which I seem to need a lot of.

1929 Roadster
1929 Briggs Town Sedan
1930 Closed Cab pickup
Smith Motor Compressor
1951 Ford F1

High Desert Model A's
whirnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #129
QGolden

I placed an order with Macs on April 3rd, small order. At the order form there is a question as to how to handle back-orders, I checked the box to tell them to contact me in the event of a back-order. On the 4th I received an email from Lucy in CS to tell me that one item was back-ordered, and what did I want to do about it. I wrote her back on the 4th to cancel the B/O item and ship the balance. On the 5th she wrote back that the order had been shipped. On the 6th I received a formal shipping confirmation with UPS Tracking. I just tracked the order and it was indeed picked up on the 5th, and out for delivery to my address today.

All in all, so far a positive experience. This was my first order with Macs, (and my first order for "A" parts). I chose them because of their proximity to me in NH, I figured I might get the parts a little faster. But it seems that UPS from NY to NH is 4 days, not much different than if I ordered them from left coast.

We do not have many alternatives for parts in the Northeast.

I do however completely object to the policy of shipping fees based upon dollars spent, before my next order I will have to do some more investigating. According to UPS this box weighed in at 3.5 lbs, seems a bit heavy to me based on the order, but I will weigh it when it comes in.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #130
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
I have had no problems with Mac's. Recently I ordered the wrong part and they took it back and refunded my money with no problems. I don't wait very long for the pieces to show up at my house. Always good to come home to a bunch of Ford Parts.

Ordered -------------Recieved
03-26-12 ------------04-02-12
07-09-12 ------------07-13-12
07-17-12 ------------07-24-12
08-20-12 ------------08-23-12
09-26-12 ------------09-29-12
11-21-12 ------------11-26-12
01-07-13 ------------01-10-13

I live in Illinois near Chicago/Indiana.
Placed an order on 03-30-13 (Saturday);
received it on 04-03-13 (Wednesday).

Can't complain about the service I have recieved at Mac's.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #131
ct1932ford

I use Joes Antique Auto Parts in MASS. Great service from a guy who knows what he is doing! Never a problem.joesantiqueauto.com
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #132
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by QGolden View Post
I placed an order with Macs on April 3rd, small order. At the order form there is a question as to how to handle back-orders, I checked the box to tell them to contact me in the event of a back-order. On the 4th I received an email from Lucy in CS to tell me that one item was back-ordered, and what did I want to do about it. I wrote her back on the 4th to cancel the B/O item and ship the balance. On the 5th she wrote back that the order had been shipped. On the 6th I received a formal shipping confirmation with UPS Tracking. I just tracked the order and it was indeed picked up on the 5th, and out for delivery to my address today.

All in all, so far a positive experience. This was my first order with Macs, (and my first order for "A" parts). I chose them because of their proximity to me in NH, I figured I might get the parts a little faster. But it seems that UPS from NY to NH is 4 days, not much different than if I ordered them from left coast.

We do not have many alternatives for parts in the Northeast.

I do however completely object to the policy of shipping fees based upon dollars spent, before my next order I will have to do some more investigating. According to UPS this box weighed in at 3.5 lbs, seems a bit heavy to me based on the order, but I will weigh it when it comes in.
call "tams" local,knowledgeable,quality parts and great guy deal with the owner www.modelaparts.com

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 04-09-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #133
TonyM

I use Joe's a lot too. I have recommended him on the AACA forum a couple times this year. The best thing about Joe's is that when you call Joe's, you are dealing with Joe.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #134
Tom Cavallaro

I have bought parts from all, and from where I am in NJ Snyders was the fastest delevery. However, I had the wrong parts shipped to me from two out of the three. I have also made orders from Snyders and the parts came to me double bagged...the inside bag was marked Mac's. So as far as I'm concerned, there are only a few manufactures of the same parts and they all buy from the same house. I buy the one's that are the right one's for the car period. It's the service I've had a problem with...not the parts. Just ship me what I orded in a timely maner....so far as that's concerned...Brattons is high on my list.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #135
Pilotdave

Joe's Anitque Auto Parts is only 1932-1947 Fords - yes?
Pilotdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #136
Mikeinnj

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression." .....Let's be fair and give the new owners of Mac's a chance to develop a good reputation for the business they have just invested in. Time will tell.
Mikeinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #137
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotdave View Post
Joe's Anitque Auto Parts is only 1932-1947 Fords - yes?
Joe's offers "Quality Reproduction Ford Parts" for
"1932-1948 Passenger & 1932 -1947 Pick up."

Hard to say how Joe's will help Model A guys unless they are going for the A/V-8 modification.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #138
QGolden

As a follow up to my previous post, the package arrived from Mac's. It did weigh in at 3.5 lbs as it was listed. They charged me 10.99 for freight. According to the UPS website, I would have paid 13.81 for the same box. Although the UPS website says two days to deliver, not sure why mine took four.

All the parts I ordered were licensed Ford parts, so I have to presume that they are OK and to spec.

So I guess on this order anyway Mac's met my expectations.

ct1932ford, according to Joe's website they only handle 1932 to 47 parts so they were not included in my comments.

Mitch, I will probably give Tams a shot, they are closer to me, but the freight was higher the Macs, the prices for the items that I purchased were higher as well. I have to presume they would both have sold me Ford Licensed Products. And IMO Tam's website is a bit more difficult to navigate.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #139
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by QGolden View Post
As a follow up to my previous post, the package arrived from Mac's. It did weigh in at 3.5 lbs as it was listed. They charged me 10.99 for freight. According to the UPS website, I would have paid 13.81 for the same box. Although the UPS website says two days to deliver, not sure why mine took four.

All the parts I ordered were licensed Ford parts, so I have to presume that they are OK and to spec.

So I guess on this order anyway Mac's met my expectations.

ct1932ford, according to Joe's website they only handle 1932 to 47 parts so they were not included in my comments.

Mitch, I will probably give Tams a shot, they are closer to me, but the freight was higher the Macs, the prices for the items that I purchased were higher as well. I have to presume they would both have sold me Ford Licensed Products. And IMO Tam's website is a bit more difficult to navigate.
call joe at TAMS and talk to him you'll be happy if his daughter answers just ask for joe.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #140
Duffy1

Last year I placed an order with Mac`s . After a week of placing the order Mac`s called and said they were putting the order together and I should have the order in a week . Got the order ten days later . Lets see 24 day delivery vs Snyders 4 day delivery . Plus at Snyders you can actually talk to someone that knows/has model A . Same for Berts and Brattons .
Duffy1 is offline   Reply With Quote