Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #81
Pictou County T & A

Default Re: Mac's survey

When did these new owners take over. I was there in the summer of 2011 and was completely dissappointed.
Pictou County T & A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #82
Clem Clement

Would someone post a copy of the survey please?
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #83
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Barney I'm sorry you have dropped through a worm hole and are now in a parallel universe ! Friendly , Fast and Macs in the same sentence makes my head spin -Karl
Hi, these are my experiences with Macs. Shall I write Macs sucks although I'm really satisfied with their service?
Someone happy the other is not. So what? It can always go wrong. Is a lucky thing.

I think the discussion is somewhat pointless. Everyone can buy wherever he wants. Thank God we live in the free western world.

Greetings Barney
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #84
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney View Post
Hi, these are my experiences with Macs. Shall I write Macs sucks although I'm really satisfied with their service?
Someone happy the other is not. So what? It can always go wrong. Is a lucky thing.

I think the discussion is somewhat pointless. Everyone can buy wherever he wants. Thank God we live in the free western world.

Greetings Barney
Barney, you are quite right. Discussion-pointless,there are good and bad with every business generally-it's how they handle the mess and they don't have much control of the shipment once it leaves the warehouse. Buy from where you like. Sheehs!

bluesman31"Their shipping prices and policy are ridiculous in this day and age." Really? Have you actually shipped anything "in this day and age"? not to say actually paid someone to find it, box it and ship it? Stuff's expensive and if I get out for under 20% for shipping, that's a great deal. Got to be real-not everything's from 1928-1931.

Last edited by 5window; 01-24-2013 at 10:38 AM.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #85
james.heider

I hope macs opens up distribution point here in Florida.
They already have Porsche and Chevy parts here in Melbourne Florida.
james.heider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #86
MALAK

Personally I've not had a bad experience from Mac's and up to a few years ago did most of my shopping there. I switched to Snyder's when getting ready to make a purchase of several hundred dollars. When comparing prices to Snyder's Mac's was a few cents cheaper on the smaller items but several dollars more expensive on the larger items, for the total Snyder's was about $20 cheaper. Wanting to give Mac's a chance I called them and asked if they'd do price matching. The response was it was not the owners policy to allow them to do that. My response was that my wallets policy is not to spend $20 needlessly, so I switched to Snyder's. I must say I've had EXCELLENT service from Snyder's.
MALAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #87
Glenn C.

Colored pictures in the catalog are fine, if you think you need that amount of detail, but paying for that small amount of so-called extra class with the exobant shipping costs is unrealistic. Sorry .....no more parts from Macs
Glenn C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #88
Ms Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Clement View Post

Hope you were able to view the survey Clem! Let me know if there were any issues.
Enjoy your weekend! Sam
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #89
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Clement View Post
Can't it's a link in an email.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #90
Geo. H

I buy my Model A stuff from Snyder's. I've bought a little V8 stuff from Mac's and have no complaints.
Geo. H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #91
ken ct
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
Anyone else get an email customer satisfaction survey from Mac's (Eckler)?
Never got one.BUT i just got a small order from them and John Laferty [head of wholesale dept] Issued me a credit slip for the catalogs and got my old better discount back. I only buy certain things from them,mostly certain gaskets he has and a few other things i know are USA made. Thanks John.And fast del. and in a small flat rate box for $5.10. ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #92
ronn

Both good and bad, but mostly good.
Have found their parts more reasonable then most and not bad shipping, as I live nearby.
Customer service sometimes leaves something to be desired though, as they appear to have minimum wage workers with no knowledge....
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #93
Darlene

Thank you for the comments on Cam and what he/she tolerates...wait until you see Friday's email for February. I will be sure to let everyone know you guys notice the characters.
Darlene
Darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #94
Ms Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
Thank you for the comments on Cam and what he/she tolerates...wait until you see Friday's email for February. I will be sure to let everyone know you guys notice the characters.
Darlene
I can't wait Darlene! One of the favourite parts of my email experience from Mac's! YAY! Thank you!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #95
Ms Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken ct View Post
Never got one.BUT i just got a small order from them and John Laferty [head of wholesale dept] Issued me a credit slip for the catalogs and got my old better discount back. I only buy certain things from them,mostly certain gaskets he has and a few other things i know are USA made. Thanks John.And fast del. and in a small flat rate box for $5.10. ken ct.
Hi Ken! Just wanted to make mention that some items have a limited discount. Dealer, Level 2 Retail, and retail customer. Sorry about the confusion. Glad all worked out well for you with Jon, our wholesale manager. He is an awesome guy to work with!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #96
ken ct
BANNED

I didn't know you had diff levels of discount.I think im limited to any carb,fuel pump and distributor parts. As i was your primary dist. rebuilder for quite a few yrs and ocationally did a carb or 2 for you. Kind of glad you switched to someone else as it was getting too much for me 1 man to handle anymore.Thanks for the help and yes Jon is a great guy to deal with. The best to you. ken ct. "Kens Ford Carburetors".
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #97
Junior

During my resto over the last three years I have probably made over 30 orders totaling over a 100 parts with Macs. It can be said that my A is the Mac's catalog. Never had a problem with the exception of a couple of poor repro headlight parts. I bought gray seat belts in Jan 2010. Decided to have my interior done in brown and tan which was done a couple of months ago. I was thinking of dying the gray seat belts brown, but I decided to call Macs and see if they would consider a exchange after three years. I called Macs and they said they would exchange my gray seat belts for dark brown ones even though it's three years later. Not even charging me a restocking fee! So I have no problem with Mac's.

Last edited by Junior; 01-31-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #98
TonyM

I have had no problems with Mac's. Recently I ordered the wrong part and they took it back and refunded my money with no problems. I don't wait very long for the pieces to show up at my house. Always good to come home to a bunch of Ford Parts.

Ordered -------------Recieved
03-26-12 ------------04-02-12
07-09-12 ------------07-13-12
07-17-12 ------------07-24-12
08-20-12 ------------08-23-12
09-26-12 ------------09-29-12
11-21-12 ------------11-26-12
01-07-13 ------------01-10-13

I live in Illinois near Chicago/Indiana.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #99
raprice

To be honest with all of you, I never had a problem with Mac's. Everything I've ever ordered from them came in a timely fashion and in good condition.
I must be living in a cave. I was totally unaware that Mac's was sold. Has this been confirmed?
Rog
raprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #100
1931 flamingo

It's the new owners doing the survey. Must have heard the grumbling and are trying to improve the business, which makes a great deal of sense. JMO
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote