Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-07-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
fords

Default Sad day

A sad day as I sold my 1913 Touring. Owned it for 8 years and had a million dollars of fun. Learned a lot while wrenching on it. The person who bought it was as nice and genuine as a man can get. He will continue to upgrade the car and was pleased with the condition I had kept the car. I still have my ‘30 Model A Deluxe coup so I’m not gone completely. Thanks to all of you who answered some of my posts.
fords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:35 PM   #2
39portlander

Default Re: Sad day

That is what this hobby is all about, It was a good day for me when I acquired my 26 Fordor and I knew It was hard for the seller. Someday I will be the seller but it will be a safe and original driver again.

Learning about the cars we own through life is priceless and thankfully we also have the FordBarn to help along the way. A 29 tudor is on my "next project" list.

Its easier when passing along a vehicle to a capable set of hands to ease the pain, knowing it will get the love it needs.

Last edited by 39portlander; 02-07-2019 at 07:44 PM.
39portlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:24 PM   #3
nhusa

I know how you feel.
After many years with my 2003 Chevy Sivlerado Z71 extended cab pickup I had to sell it because of the New England disease (will no pass inspection because of rust)
My heart was broken when it left because we had many miles and years together.
I will never forget my friend, But I was able to find another companion.
nhusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #4
t42

Sold my restored '29 A 2-dr Sedan a couple of years ago to a young man (early 20's) from rural MN.. He saw my ad on craigslist and he asked a ton of questions. He wanted it in the worst way, and I found out that his dad owned one so the interest was definitely there. He wanted to keep it original and join the AACA and Model A club. When he said that, I knocked off $1500 from our negotiated price and told him to enjoy the hobby and carry on the tradition.
t42 is offline   Reply With Quote