Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-09-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
hardtimes

Default BAKERSFIELD swap this Fri/Sat..13th/14th

For anyone who can attend, be advised that this is an excellent old swap meet and lots of MODEL A/B stuff !
Joe Sivils , Turlock engine builder of A/B engines, will have a booth with a running example of his work/art..I'm told.
This is a great old swap venue that is visited by enthusiast near/far. Kiwi QC maker (Derek) from New Zealand will take his 'share' of stuff , back home with him. Good time to catch up with old timey friends ! Great parking and food there too.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
bucket-o-rust

Default Re: BAKERSFIELD swap this Fri/Sat..13th/14th

What is the time location and prices?
bucket-o-rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:04 AM   #3
SSsssteamer

I will be selling at the Bakersfield Swap Meet located at the Kern County Fairgrounds. I will be selling steam car parts out of space # D 10 I believe. The gates open to the public about 7 or 8 am on Friday and Saturday mornings. 15 years ago, after the swap meet had about closed out on Saturday afternoon, I collect enough good free sheet metal left by the dumpsters, to put a 1929 Tudor for my grandson. Prices have been a-Ford-able for what I have needed for the Model A Fords. This is a pre-war swap meet so you will not have to sort through all the modern stuff to fine the older stuff we always are looking for. One thing that I have noticed is that there haven't been any model A aftermarket parts vendors like that are found at other swap meets. I have been going to the Bakersfield swap meet for about 33 years now and they did have the model A after-market parts vendors way back when.
SSsssteamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSsssteamer View Post
I will be selling at the Bakersfield Swap Meet located at the Kern County Fairgrounds. I will be selling steam car parts out of space # D 10 I believe. The gates open to the public about 7 or 8 am on Friday and Saturday mornings. 15 years ago, after the swap meet had about closed out on Saturday afternoon, I collect enough good free sheet metal left by the dumpsters, to put a 1929 Tudor for my grandson. Prices have been a-Ford-able for what I have needed for the Model A Fords. This is a pre-war swap meet so you will not have to sort through all the modern stuff to fine the older stuff we always are looking for. One thing that I have noticed is that there haven't been any model A aftermarket parts vendors like that are found at other swap meets. I have been going to the Bakersfield swap meet for about 33 years now and they did have the model A after-market parts vendors way back when.

Thanks for posting such good details and report for all !
I hope to see you there. Feel lucky being only 100 or so miles nearby.
Note:
Are you 'steam engine' guys a small group or What ?
I ask , because I'd bet you know an OLD friend who has made every one of a huge functioning, miniature steam engine collection that he has.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:35 AM   #5
Juggler

Hey Rick

Sadly stuck here in the UK, but my Dad (John Charlton) will be there with Sammy from AZ Model A and I guess Derek and Paul from NZ

If you see him tell him I said hi, and that he can cheer up now he's in the sunshine

ATB

Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dad.jpg (50.0 KB, 12 views)
Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote