Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #21
Lawson Cox

Default Re: Another success story, for craig!

Way to go Marcus. With God, all things are possible.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:59 AM   #22
Tinker

Marcus, one battle at a time. Meth is weird.. why someone would do it i don't know, but they do. Keep up the good fight.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #23
Sid the Maineiac

Thank you ,Marcus ! A life is a terrible thing to waste ! So good to hear you are doing all you can to guide and help these people !
Sid the Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #24
Clem Clement

Congrats
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:10 AM   #25
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
Marcus, one battle at a time. Meth is weird.. why someone would do it i don't know, but they do. Keep up the good fight.
As a MD I deal with drug dependency on a daily basis. My Meth patients tell me that the feeling of that first burn of meth is incredible. Unfortunately they spend the rest of their addiction trying to recapture that feeling. It is an awful drug and the mood swings that occur with it are very scary. Most addicts are predictable but Meth addicts aren't they can go from being calm and reasonable to an absolute rage in the blink of an eye . I'm a big strong guy and can take care of myself but there have been times when I have wondered if I'll get out of my office alive .

I'd be interested in how the Drug Courts work- What we are doing in this country with Drugs is failing and we need a new way to deal with this problem. Karl
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #26
Frank Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
As a MD I deal with drug dependency on a daily basis. My Meth patients tell me that the feeling of that first burn of meth is incredible. Unfortunately they spend the rest of their addiction trying to recapture that feeling. It is an awful drug and the mood swings that occur with it are very scary. Most addicts are predictable but Meth addicts aren't they can go from being calm and reasonable to an absolute rage in the blink of an eye . I'm a big strong guy and can take care of myself but there have been times when I have wondered if I'll get out of my office alive .

I'd be interested in how the Drug Courts work- What we are doing in this country with Drugs is failing and we need a new way to deal with this problem. Karl
Karl,
As an MD I would think you would have a better understanding. That's not your fault it is that of the medical community failing to train doctors on the disease of addiction. Different people experience it to varying degrees. I have seen some fight with their doctors to NOT give them opiates because the patient knew they did not need them and where it would go.
I have been following this thread and it is nice Craig is doing so well but for different reasons I feel it is inappropriate for someone else to post this. It is akin to a HIPPA violation.
If you really want to learn more go to an open NA or AA meeting. Just sit and listen. It will open your eyes to some of the things that are going on in the world.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #27
Marcus

Frank - Thank you for your thoughts: I'll address your privacy act concerns by explaining that the young man's name is NOT Craig; the actions of my Drug Court are ALL open Court, except when discussions of treatment are concerned.
Karl - if you will send a note to [email protected], I will happily send you some information concerning Drug Courts, and our newest endeavor, the Mental Health Court. You are correct: Meth is the most difficult of illicit chemicals to recover from - but it can be done, and we doing it, daily!
Thank you all for the kind and supportive wishes - by and large, this is an incredibly well-informed and positive forum. Going all the way back to the "Shelly Days" I never cease to be amazed at the depth and breadth of knowledge - flathead related or not.