Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #1
jm29henry

Default Motor Munster greenfield village

Has any one heard how motor Munster is going this year with the new format?
jm29henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
jeep44

Default Re: Motor Munster greenfield village

I couldn't resist it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ZkBcBelhZ.jpeg (94.3 KB, 145 views)
jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
Bob from Northport

I heard the turn out was down alot from, previous years. The powers to be running the car shows for The Henry are not car guys, and are starting to ruin the shows. Like the upcoming Old Car Festival.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #4
jeep44

There was a lot of talk at the GFV Civil War Weekend that there are new people in charge, and that this year's event may have been the last.
jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:12 AM   #5
SkimmerBob

I went yesterday and was GREATLY disappointed!! Compared to the last several years. There was about 300 cars i was told by the lady at the Info desk were i went to complain. Thats about half of the usual participants. My son-in-law shows an all original 67 C/10 with 30k miles . He told me that he was told the entrance app fee was $50 and non refundable even if they reject you vehicle. They are also being more strict on who they let in. I heard nothing positive from any of the participants, guests, or even workers. I'm kinda sorry i kept telling people to attend.
SkimmerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #6
JpMotorsports

Send a message via AIM to JpMotorsports Send a message via Yahoo to JpMotorsports

Well motor muster was a complete bust this year! Car count was down from 800 last year to 300 this year. Spectators were also down drastically. Many classes only had a few car if any at all. Heard alot of people complained to anyone and everyone who worked there. Hopefully this is a wake up call. I for one posted about my disappointment on their Facebook page and all The Henry Ford said in response was and I quote " Sorry you feel this way" I was a 8 year participant and shown different cars and was going to show a new car this year and glad I did not! I hate to see the village suffer but something must be done and a boycott may just be the thing to do this year until they realize that they need to change back.

1972 OLDSMOBILE 442 CONVERTIBLE
1969 CHEVELLE/MALIBU- SOLD
2003 MONTE CARLO SS PACE CAR EDITION # 841 OF 1401- SOLD
JpMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #7
WTSHNN

This just came through my email....

Dear Car Show Participant,

This year, The Henry Ford implemented changes to our long-running, very popular, mission-driven car shows, Motor Muster and Old Car Festival. Over the years, these programs have grown significantly in terms of participation. Most recently, we’ve had as many as 900 vehicles for each event. However, that unbridled growth posed an increasing safety hazard for participants, visitors and staff, and completely overwhelmed our available parking, staff and other resources necessary to support these events. We needed to right-size these events to address these realities while preserving and strengthening the quality of the visitor and participant experience. To do so, we introduced a number of new practices and procedures that we believed would assist in those efforts.

The changes we introduced this year, unfortunately, disappointed many. While we were and remain committed to evolving our car shows to be successful within the practical constraints and concerns identified above, we could have done a much better job of communicating and explaining the need for these changes. That miscalculation on our part had a negative impact on our participants and guests, and for that, we are truly sorry.

We’ve received candid feedback from many of you, and we thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. One immediate step we are taking is to make the application fee refundable and to offer each participant up to four guest passes, at their request. We will be working in the coming days, weeks and months on next steps, and we will be corresponding with each and every one of you in the very near future.

Your support and your involvement with The Henry Ford is vital to our continued success. I hope you will continue to stand with us as we work to rebuild these events.

John Neilson

Vice President of Venues
The Henry Ford
Old 06-23-2017, 08:42 PM   #8
Jeff/Illinois

I'm old enough to remember, when every bloody thing you did in life didn't have to be an EXPERIENCE

goodgod I am hating the modern world more each passing year I went thru some pretty tough medical issues last year. When it was about over I get this stupid survey from the hospital, asking how my EXPERIENCE was. Quite frankly it sucked, it was miserable, and I didn't know I was supposed to be having a good time. I was praying to die at one point. Praying to EXPERIENCE death

Now even car shows are 'Did you have a good Model A experience?' Geez.

Oh, and have a nice day!
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:39 AM   #9
jm29henry

I am so glad that they are trying to fix there mistakes .I hope it isn't to late to fix this before September ,I really love this event and hope it remains successful
jm29henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:36 PM   #10
JpMotorsports

Send a message via AIM to JpMotorsports Send a message via Yahoo to JpMotorsports

I for one am glad that they have listed to the people and are working on correcting what they did wrong.

1972 OLDSMOBILE 442 CONVERTIBLE
1969 CHEVELLE/MALIBU- SOLD
2003 MONTE CARLO SS PACE CAR EDITION # 841 OF 1401- SOLD
JpMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote