Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
cederholm

Default I bought my first coupe today - in Brooklyn!

Hi all,

Today is a great day! A few days back I posted a question for help for buying my first A. (original post here) And I got some great information. That post was suppose to prep me for a car on Long Island New York that I was planning on seeing tomorrow. It was a two hour drive to go see a non-running car. The price was good and the pics look clean. The car was said to be complete. While doing my research I though I should brows Craigslist one last time before my trip. There I see a car less than five miles from my house. Runs, drives, insured and registered and only $1,500 more than the other car.

Went to see it and the car is sooo clean. No rust, and after doing years of extensive rust repair on a couple English cars I know rust! Car starts right up and purrs like a kitty. I was even able to get it delivered (he drove it for me as I'll need some practice with that non-sync gearbox) and he came down on the asking price.

The only upgraded parts are modern tube shocks and a 6v alternator. That and he started to fit a turn signal kit.

Anyway, I'm extremely excited!

Sorry about the pics, as soon as we got it home is started to rain hence the close-up.

~ Carl

Last edited by cederholm; 03-30-2018 at 06:53 PM.
cederholm is offline   Reply With Quote