Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
t-head

Default Exclusive Video – Trial Run of the Collier Collection Simplex Speed Car

While this Simplex is not a Model "A" Ford, I know that many of the Forum participants here enjoy most all early cars.

This video produced in house at "The Old Motor" is the first in a series of what we like to call "Vintage Supercars."

The next two videos in the future will cover a 1915 Duesenberg racing car and 1914 Mercer Raceabout.

Learn more about the engine rebuild and other work performed in a ten-part series on this Simplex that features a 589 c.i. T-head four-cylinder with a 5 3/8" x 6 1/2" bore and stroke by following the link in the description under the video on youtube to The Old Motor.

View it @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27LnZLOeFRw
t-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
Tiny

Default Re: Exclusive Video – Trial Run of the Collier Collection Simplex Speed Car

Thank you. I love it
Old 01-24-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
J Franklin

Default Re: Exclusive Video – Trial Run of the Collier Collection Simplex Speed Car

Glad it did not meet another car head on when going around that curve widely crossing the double line. A big NO NO! especially when it is such a rare car. People we can replace easily.

Last edited by J Franklin; 01-24-2017 at 04:33 PM.
J Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #4
t-head

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Franklin View Post
Glad it did not meet another car head on when going around that curve widly crossing the double line. A big NO NO! especially when it is such a rare car. People we can replace easily.
Go point, but any other cars coming the other way are easily visible before you get to the curve and while you are going thru it.

The Vermont DMV law here says that it is suggested you stay behind a double line but passing and crossing it are legal.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
Chippy Minton

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Franklin View Post
Glad it did not meet another car head on when going around that curve widly crossing the double line. A big NO NO! especially when it is such a rare car. People we can replace easily.
I can't believe that us your only comment after watching such a fascinating video.
Thanks for posting that.
Chippy Minton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #6
raprice

Wow, what an incredible sound of the engine! Simplex simply built some incredible cars.
I remember the Simplex that Henry Austin Clark owned. Many years ago, we had a meet at his home in Glen Cove, Long Island and Austin couldn't wait to show off his Simplex.
Great memory.
Rog
raprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:23 PM   #7
t-head

Quote:
Originally Posted by raprice View Post
Wow, what an incredible sound of the engine! Simplex simply built some incredible cars.
I remember the Simplex that Henry Austin Clark owned. Many years ago, we had a meet at his home in Glen Cove, Long Island and Austin couldn't wait to show off his Simplex.
Great memory.
Rog
H.A.C. had a pair of them - an earlier version of the Speed Car and a close-coupled 4-pass. touring car. Have been fortunate to be involved with and worked on both cars in the past.