Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
peters180a/170b

Default 180A News letter [club] info.

Funds are low due to mailing cost and printing. So what the 180A club is doing [which other special groups have done already and locale clubs too] is charge its membership $10.00 for "2 YEARS" E-MAIL and $25.00 surface mail for 2 YEARS... Still a bargain . And as always i will send in more needed funds to continue this great hobby and body style...Anyone who has a 180A or wish to join here is the address. Chad Champlin , 1419 Imperial Dr. , Glendale , CA. 91207-1243. Treasure ...Ross Milne , President , New letter Editor and Research on the 180A. A great asset to the Model "A" Ford ,180A CLUB.
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
Skipper Mc/Louisiana

Default Re: 180A News letter [club] info.

Thank you, Peter. I am a member and encourage others with an interest to join.
Skipper Mc/Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Roadster62

Would I need a sponsor, and would the club accept me as a member?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
peters180a/170b

no sponsor....think that was the old days of A.A.C.A. ... and yes accept as a member...We have many without 180A's and people looking to own one.
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
Tom Endy

I am the editor of the International Victoria Association, newsletter, "The Bustle". We put out a 10 to 12 page newsletter four times a year (January, April, July, and October). The annual membership dues are $10 a year. We have a membership of close to 300, that includes 22 foreign residents and it grows every year. A number of our members do not own a Victoria A-190. We do not charge the foreign residents more, even though the cost of mailing the newsletter to them is much higher. It is a form of foreign aid, called the Victoria plan. Each of their newsletters is put in an envelope to ensure it survives the long journey in good shape. The $10 membership fee easily covers the cost of doing business, which includes sponsoring the Youth Model A Ford Scholarship Program. We pay all the administrative costs. At the end of each year there is money left over, so we are able to make a donation to both the scholarship program and the Youth Model A Ford Restoration program. Even with all these costs our treasury grows a slight amount each year.

It has been suggested over the last few years that we send out the newsletter by e-mail and save the cost of printing and mailing, such as many Model A clubs have done. I have pointed out to our board of directors that we are not a traditional Model A club. People who are members of traditional clubs are members for many reasons other than receiving a newsletter. The only reason people join the Victoria Association is to receive the newsletter. There is no other incentive.

Were we to do that we would see paid membership decline as there would be no incentive to send in a $10 fee each year when the newsletters are floating around free in cyber space.

Tom Endy
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
quickchange

Tom , All those Vicky members in NZ really appreciate the good deal we get & i beleive 98% belong, Some of us get more than just the news letter, National meet meetings etc, Even had Charlie vist us few years back, Thanks,
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote