Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 02:53 PM   #21
tubman

Default Re: where is this all going

Amen!
Old 12-22-2020, 04:06 PM   #22
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Pilger View Post
We've had Covid in our family and trust me it's not good. Those who downplay this pandemic will rapidly get a dose of reality once this bug bites them directly. It's always someone else's problem until it becomes YOURS, then the rubber really hits the road in quick fashion. A friend (69 years young), in absolutely perfect health succumbed this week, too. Died without a family member able to see him go. Car show? Who gives a rat's a!!!.
Couldn’t agree more! You’re a very intelligent man.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #23
woodiewagon46

Very true Ron. We all need to do our part and stop being so selfish and feeling sorry for ourself for not being able to go to some stupid car show or cruise night. If you refuse to believe how serious this epidemic is, then you must not read a newspaper or look at the news on T.V. Do they think that the statistics are "fake news". It's serious, people are dying!!!
Old 12-22-2020, 07:58 PM   #24
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Have two parents with Covid right now, not fun!
Old 12-22-2020, 08:17 PM   #25
tubman

"JSeery" - I am extremely sorry to hear this. From my time here and on the "H.A.M.B.", I thought that our group had "lucked out" and were avoiding all of this; it seems that it is not so.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:52 PM   #26
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
My thoughts and prayers are extended for a quick and complete recovery. God Bless ! Wayne
Old 12-22-2020, 09:19 PM   #27
53Customline

Certainly a trying year. Our local AACA is charging dues.
Glad to pay them to make sure we survive.

We have begun to have small meetings & using Zoom. Personally I am attending via Zoom to protect my 90 day First Grandson.

I keep a running list of Car Shows I want to attend, keeps me hopeful!

Keep the faith & patience. Remember the sacrifices our elders endured during WWII.
This is tough but in comparison it’s less.

Call a friend, be kind & give/help those who are in need.

It will help pass the time. Stay Safe All!
Old 12-22-2020, 09:33 PM   #28
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
Dear God, J! I'm pulling for you....AND them! Hang tough, friend!! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 12-22-2020, 11:43 PM   #29
TomT/Williamsburg

I am so sorry some of us here on the Barn have lost friends and family with COVID and I am one of them. I think at some point everyone will know someone with COVID, not even considering their outcome. I take my cars out for a cruise whenever I can, spend about an hour on the road, and I am then back home. Be happy with what you have, not with what you do not. Make your health and family number one ..... nothing else really matters.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:35 AM   #30
Frank Miller

I asked you guys not to get political but you did. Everyone is being selfish or no one is. I know many people who have had this and some fared better than others. Some lived with family members but never got it. Deaths from depression and overdoses are up. So are domestic violence cases. Kids who had school as the only stable part of their lives had that stolen from them.
I thank god my mother died the year before because if my dad was not able to visit her it would not have been good. I will not argue the disease has killed people but the fear and stress has reduced life expectancy as well.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:23 AM   #31
bigdoor

there is nothing worst then fear I am 75 years old and i am not going to stop living I drive my old cars every day we go out to eat life is good Fear will git you
Old 12-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #32
Gene1949

x4 Ron
Happy Holidays Barners
Our hobby/passion is on it's last legs. Look around your associations, we are all getting a bit long in the tooth. But, there is always an upside;
Our children/grandchildren who were raised in our shops/garages will carry on to some extent. They are going to inherit our cars/buildings/treasures AND have learned a bit about them.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #33
Robz51

Unfortunately politics is everywhere. You can't go shopping without hesring it. Hell, Carlisle was like a huge political rally! Such a complicated and nuanced subject yet everyone is an expert. I come here to get away from this stuff. Not everyone on this site is American! I seriously doubt our hoobby is in it's final phase. I see lots of interest from younger people out there. It's easy to think these thoughts in our current environment but as long as there is interest our hobby will continue. Maybe things will be different than they were. Maybe they should be. Anyway, I look forward to whatever it will be.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2020, 10:13 AM   #34
big job

As a long time detective sgt. retired, my mind is focused on the enemy. It has been said
that this virus is not airborne. So how in the first place did it get here in US. "airborne
by airplane was the only way. News today in the Antarctica a skeleton weather crew
tested positive.. ?? how does that happen ? those people are locked up in ice, in nowhere land.. has to be an infected supply airplane, the only way cause virus is not airborne so they say. Anyone found a meteorite in the woods where it started? nope
A quack chemist ? then this works in waves as like its computer driven. Basics, it was not grown in some lady's flower garden It was created by human or alien. Bottom line is the crook always will leave a clue we just have to find it. have they tried RF waves
nope have they tried ac induction nope .....
Old 12-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #35
tubman

Queue theme from "The Twilight Zone".
Old 12-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #36
flatjack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Miller View Post
I asked you guys not to get political but you did. Everyone is being selfish or no one is. I know many people who have had this and some fared better than others. Some lived with family members but never got it. Deaths from depression and overdoses are up. So are domestic violence cases. Kids who had school as the only stable part of their lives had that stolen from them.
I thank god my mother died the year before because if my dad was not able to visit her it would not have been good. I will not argue the disease has killed people but the fear and stress has reduced life expectancy as well.
Amen
Old 12-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #37
4t8v8

Churches are closed but strip clubs are just fine. Rioting, demonstrating are fine. People are sheeple. "Never let a good emergency go to waste". A quote from one of our fearless? leaders. I'm not taking it lightly but masks and staying out of church ain't gonna solve the problem.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:14 PM   #38
tubman

It looks like it might be time to close this.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:55 PM   #39
TJ

I'm optimistic about the vaccine and if we get it out to the masses things will drastically change. Our country needs to move forward and I believe it will.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:21 PM   #40
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
With 18,000,000 cases and 328,000 deaths this is a legitimate concern. In my opinion this is not exciting or fun and you had better take major precautions . If you don’t listen to television or the internet you could be a future statistic in either category. This is no joking matter.n

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I do and have from the beginning taken this very seriously. On here back in March I was encouraging people, that thought it was all fake, to take this seriously. Telling people please don't think it fake. I have been able to isolate since March with my elder parents. We don't go anywhere really (Summer I was just driving the old fords around). We are very cautious.

At least a dozen of our extended family has gone through it. Mostly young. But one uncle died (yes he had other issues but, he would still be here) and an aunt is what they call a "longhaul". Seeming healthy before it and now dealing with a lot of heart and fatigue issues. One of those persons made fun of us for isolating as much as we do.

We spend money local here and give what we can to help restaurants and bars here. But we don't hangout for now.

My point was, once we get the vaccine out and we are able to do more normal things. I believe we are going to see a roaring 20's. Pent up people having fun.

I hope all are well!!! Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Tinker; 12-23-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Closed Thread