Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #21
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.
Default Re: Looking for Model T for wife. Prices seem a lot higher than expected. Why?

Be patient and rather than scour theads place your own ad. I just purchased a 1924 Roadster fully restored 4 years ago and I paid $7500.
Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #22
Steve Jelf

Default Re: Looking for Model T for wife. Prices seem a lot higher than expected. Why?

When people doubt their ability to learn to drive a T, I tell them millions of people have done it, and you're probably smarter than at least a couple of them. It ain't rocket science.
Steve Jelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #23
emf

"Looking for Model T for wife." When I first read this, I thought what a good trade that might be.... But then, I don't know your wife...
emf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #24
P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf View Post
"Looking for Model T for wife." When I first read this, I thought what a good trade that might be.... But then, I don't know your wife...
Hahaha!! Well, she's a smokin hot blonde with a degree and a long distance runner physique. And I'm not joking. Been married 23 years and never had a fight. Think she's worth more than Model T.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #25
P.S.

Well guys, thank you for all the advice and help and PMs.

Had a talk with the wife about this, and we came to the conclusion that for the money, she would be better off with her own Model A. She already knows how to drive a Model A, and I already know how to fix one.

We thought that a drivable, safe Model T was going to cost a lot less than a similar condition Model A. Guess we just waited too long to make her purchase.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #26
Dodge

They are $3500 to $4000 less than a Model A in similar condition. Wait until you go looking for a good Model A.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #27
P.S.

Already found a couple A's in our price range. Also found a nice pickup for $8K. One of our club members also has a super nice Fordor in our price range.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #28
tekatlarge

I just happen to have a 1923 T Coupe. it has a Non Stock paint job (Painted fire engine red) it also has a non stock interior upholstery (Some strange black fabric) All else is stock. Body is straight and solid. Rust free. It has nice Wood wheels. I haven't started this Car in about 4 years. Last time it ran I drove it and it ran great and drove pretty damn good. Body wood and door wood looks to be in good shape. It also has a fairly new top. All in all this is a nice little coupe. I want $7500.00 Cash.

I realize you have decided on an A but I was just giving you an idea of some average good running T's out there for less than 8 G's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23T.jpg (28.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 10-28-2014, 06:16 AM   #29
mike dixon

i think he is jerking us all off lol
mike dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #30
P.S.

Mike- That wasn't a very nice thing to say. He's only trying to help.

Thank you, tekatlarge. Your post reminds me of something I hear over and over in ads- "Runs and drives great". Then you read down a bit and see that the car has been sitting for X number of years, hasn't been started for 4 years, etc. In my opinion, that is not a " running" car.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #31
Royce P

Here is a nice runabout for $6400 that just needs gas and a driver:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161481365432...432%26_rdc%3D1
Royce P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #32
Willie in Houston

Royce, those kerosene side lights made me think the car was one of those "Poor boy specials" without an electric starter and generator. I did not think his wife would like that. After looking at the pictures on ebay, I see a starter and generator.
Looks like a good buy.
Willie in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #33
trulyvintage

Lightbulb Re: Looking for Model T for wife. Prices seem a lot higher than expected. Why?

A running & driving Model T that is in good operating condition
and is not just pieced together - is hard to find ...

But - you are in California where the statewide economy is generally
tough and where a lot of cars go east to new homes ...

Be patient - check the classifieds here and over on the MTFCA
website @ http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?3487/3487

I have hauled a few Model T vehicles from one California home to another,
you can find a suitable car " in your backyard " ....

Jim
trulyvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #34
Stinch

The red coupe looks to be a high radiator 1924 model year. 1923 model year T coupes had a low radiator and suicide doors.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #35
tekatlarge

The Red Coupe, is a very late 1923. Now that doesn't mean it doesn't have some 24 parts but that is my story and I am sticking to it!

Call it what you like but I am the owner NOT you!
Old 11-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #36
Steve Jelf

How late? The 1924 model year begins with August, 1923.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG90.html
Steve Jelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #37
a&tlover

I have 1927 Touring car $7800.00
a&tlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #38
tekatlarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinch View Post
The red coupe looks to be a high radiator 1924 model year. 1923 model year T coupes had a low radiator and suicide doors.
Your wrong on the fact all 23 coups had suicide doors. There were coupes with non suicide doors. Ask someone whom knows like the MTFCA.

You know this is exactly why I don't post much on Forums. I say something and immediately get jumped on by "keyboard experts" bent on exposing anything they can. You are just like our media these days they live to dig scratch and make a great story.

Now a couple of Facts Quoted from the MTFCA.

About the date of title. Mine is titled as a 1923 and has a late 23 engine s/n
"Often, when a dealer sold a car, it was TITLED ON THE DATE OF SALE, not the year it was made."

Now for 23 or 24 Who really knows and only a concurs collector would really give a crap.
"1923/1924 cars were identical to each other, but some bodies had steel doors; balloon tires; nickel plated radiator shell.

Now my final comment before I leave this place for good!!

My original comment was to the originator of this thread and not to anyone else. I was remarking that there were T's out in the country that could be had for a reasonable price. I offered it as a for sale. Then I have people making snide comments and others tearing it down!

If someone was interested and had valid questions I would answer off line not here. However I know not one of you commenters had even the slightest interest.

Now life is to short and my time is to important to argue with rude people.

No more comments except I hope you enjoy yourselves. I am done and gone.

The Tek At Large