Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-24-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
bobbooth

Default frame question for the model 40 guys

I have recently bought a 34, 5 window coupe and the chassis that has come with it appears to be a 33 pick up frame in very good shape. Can any one tell if the front body mount holes are in the same place on a car frame as they are on the pickup frame, as the only reference i have seen is the westcott drawings and they appear to show a discrepency ,just wanted to know if any one had used/done the same thing.
bobbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
barryfromvictoria

Default Re: frame question for the model 40 guys

bob---33-34 frames had pickup only holes punched into pickup frames and car only holes punched into car frames. unlike earlier and later frames which had all holes punched for all body styles. i used a pickup frame under my 34 tudor years ago i remember drilling a lot of holes on the side of frame for front inner fenders and rear gussets etc. don`t forget the holes on frame for the cage nuts inside the rockers.the cage nuts are usually broken or missing and a lot of guys don`t know they are supposed to be there. the top holes on the frame i can`t remember if they are different. easiest way is find a car frame to measure. hope this helps.---barry
barryfromvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
Capn John

this may help, they have a blueprint

http://ascrails.com/1933-34_prices.html
Capn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
bobbooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryfromvictoria View Post
bob---33-34 frames had pickup only holes punched into pickup frames and car only holes punched into car frames. unlike earlier and later frames which had all holes punched for all body styles. i used a pickup frame under my 34 tudor years ago i remember drilling a lot of holes on the side of frame for front inner fenders and rear gussets etc. don`t forget the holes on frame for the cage nuts inside the rockers.the cage nuts are usually broken or missing and a lot of guys don`t know they are supposed to be there. the top holes on the frame i can`t remember if they are different. easiest way is find a car frame to measure. hope this helps.---barry
Barry I have hardly any down the side, ( example ) running board / inner fender and "b" pillar are are not there neither are the two at the kickup at the rear of the frame for the subrail to attach to which is why i am confused and unable to get a proper measurement and is why I asked the question.
I suppose it doesn't help when there is no floor or bottom six inches off the car arn't there I will have to see if any one has got one without a body on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn John View Post
this may help, they have a blueprint

http://ascrails.com/1933-34_prices.html
John, thanks for that ,it looks interesting (hope its not the same as the precott one)

Thanks for the replys..

Any one else?
bobbooth is offline   Reply With Quote