Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
wrndln

Default 28/29 tudor/coupe electric wiper wire routing

I am trying to figure out how the wire is held in place for my 28 coupe with a OD-C1B wiper. I had originally thought the wiper wire was put in the channel that holds the upholstery panel above the windshield. I recently found out that there are small clips that secure the wire to the hinge/header above the windshield. I found them in Bratton's and Bert's catalogs. I am attaching a picture of them from Bratton's catalog. Strangely, Bratton's catalog states 2 bracket are used and Bert's catalog states 3 brackets are used. I suspect 3 is correct. The other thing I am confused about is the clips appear to be flat where the 1/4" machine screw goes. The hinge for the windshield has an indented area there the screws go, for windshield clearance I think. I would sure think the clips would have an indented area where the screw goes. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Rusty Nelson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiper wire windshield clip.jpg (32.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Hinge 1.JPG (273.0 KB, 29 views)
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: 28/29 tudor/coupe electric wiper wire routing

Rusty,

I have NEVER seen those clips attached to the windshield header of a 28-29 Coupe or Tudor.

Depending on just where your body lies in the assembly time of thing...there were TWO routes that were used in the Coupe and Tudor.

The early type of routing and the later type of routing and I am not sure just when the early type of routing ended...Maybe when the gastank revised the Instrament Panel area on the tank itself.

Go to my website about the 28-29 gastank and you will see the "early" type of routing..The second is spelled out in the Standards.

http://www.plucks329s.org/pdf/gastan...29gas_tank.pdf

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote