Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
okiedokie

Default 38-40 service bulletins book

In the back of Carpenters catalog is a tech section regarding window channels. It says to refer to page 145 of Ford V8 service bulletins for regulator info. I have a book labeled as "Ford 1938-1940 Complete Service Bulletins" that I have had for many years. It is a reproduction of the original manual done in 1970 by Dan Post. It has very little body related info. Nothing about window regulators. Is the book of the same title that Carpenter shows in their catalog different than the one I have? Anyone have one of the Carpenter versions?
okiedokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:02 AM   #2
Terry,OH

Default Re: 38-40 service bulletins book

Window regulators, glass channels & hardware were pictured in Fords "Automotive Hardware and Trimming Supplies" books. These books were published every two years (32,34,36,38) Then in 40 the hardware was included in the "Body Parts List". The body parts list was originally a one year paper back book. The reproduction of this book includes the 1939 & 40 years together and EXCLUDES the hardware section. If you want the hardware section you have to find an original.
It is possible there is some information regarding some service of the regulators in Fords Service Bulletins. The hardware books have part numbers and pictures and usage information
Terry,OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
Don Rogers

Carpenters reference is to page 145 of the January-February 1934 Ford Service Bulletins. I believe that this section would be found in the 1932-37 Service Bulletins reproi book. If you can't find it, send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you a pdf file of that page.
Don Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
okiedokie

Well, that "splains it". The tech article is about a 35 coupe. Don't know how my feeble mind connected it to the 38-40 book.
okiedokie is offline   Reply With Quote