Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-16-2020, 09:25 PM   #1
40cpe

Default JC Allison and Miss American 3.14

This fellow came to my mind a few days ago, wondering what ever happened to him. He posted here last year about his rare '64 Galaxie 4-dr hardtop with a Police Interceptor 390 and overdrive. This is his first post, as a way of stimulating your memory of him.
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264534

He was in frail health, and when he stopped posting here I was concerned. I googled his name and location and found that a tornado had wiped out his neighborhood in April of this year. Here is a summary of that incident and JC's condition as of a couple of months ago.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/emergency...for-jc-allison
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:02 PM   #2
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: JC Allison and Miss American 3.14

I remember reading a couple of posts from him about his '64 Galaxie hardtop a long time ago and also noticed that he lived in Onalaska Texas, so I looked for it on the map. It is in east Texas (very hot and humid in summer). Not sure I could take it as I too am old. Even here in southern illinois I need a dehumidifier just to breath. I have been looking at properties down there for a couple years with the wish to relocate to Texas. Every time I stumbled across a property for sale in Onalaska, it was a trailer or modular/manufactured type home, so I figured it was a large retirement/weekend getaway community. I lived down in southeast Texas for four years long ago and never heard boo about any tornados in all that time, but west Texas seems to be a tornado magnet. East Texas is more known for flooding and constant threat of hurricanes coming up from the gulf. I went through one in the early '80's in Houston.
Hope JC will be okay down there for years to come.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote