Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Model T price/info on restoration?

Hi everyone,

Brand new to the model t there's one on a lot

near me I'm interested in but I don't know

if it's a good price. Can anyone advise?

It's 1927, roadster, body looks pretty straight and rustless. Last time they had it

running was 5 years ago. Doesn't run now. Looks all original. One flat tire. Spare's there. They want $5000. Is this good? I don't

wrench, so I'd have to pay someone to get

her up and running - how much $$ am I looking

at?

Thanks for any help!

Ilya.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Model T price/info on restoration?

AM working on a 1926 coupe.. paid $1200 and it was pretty rough. last ran 30 years ago. but it started. Then came a new engine $1200. and many parts. Probably have $15000 or more in it when I get done and paid an 82 year old man to do most of the work. he had restored 18 1926-27 model t. Probably if you have someone else restore it for you maybe get a bid or you might have $25000 in it.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Default Re: Model T price/info on restoration?

I would recommend finding someone in your area knowlegable on model T's to go and look it over with you. You could maybe find a member of MTFCI on their forum who lives nearby. The price may not be too far off depending on condition, completness and correctness of the car. Model T parts and mechanics are readily available and really not expensive , especially compared to everything else these days. One very dire warning though; Model T's are very addictive to you and your whole family. You may also find yourself hanging out with a bunch of other kooky Model T addicts also. Hope it all works out OK for you. (just another addict trying to get you hooked) Regards Cam