Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #21
Marshall V. Daut

Default Re: I have always wanted a stock Model A

Mike48750 -
Try to find Floyd Clymer's "Model A Album" from about 1959-60. It contains factory photos of new Model A's at their most attractive angles, probably minutes after they were assembled. For some reason, these photos show the Model A in an entirely different light than can be seen in modern photos of restored cars. Of course, they are in black and white, which always looks different from color photos. In this softbound booklet, you'll see all body styles offered by Ford, 1928-31, shown in mouth-watering poses. Ford photographers really knew what they were doing! Perusing this booklet can help you decide for sure if you want a '28-29 style roadster because there are several views of them, more than shown in the '30-31 section.
This would be a good booklet for you to acquire for your Model A library no matter what you end up buying. The photos are very pleasing to look at and impart a great deal of information missing from dolled-up modern restorations, where it's sometimes difficult to see the basic car beneath all the chrome doodads slapped on it. A plain-jane '28-29 roadster with a black top and NO rumble seat is a thing of beauty to the eye of an informed Model A buff. The closer to what came from the factory, the better IMHO. If you can't find this booklet - which may be out of print - let me know and I'll scan the roadsters for you and send them in a private email. I am reluctant to simply post them here because of potential copyright issues.
Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:51 AM   #22
Marshall V. Daut

Here you go:
https://www.ebay.com/i/283008358542?chn=ps
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #23
mhsprecher

I have a town sedan and a roadster and I love them both. I had the TS originally, but when I drove the roadster, I said that I had to have it. I have driven it when it is pretty darned cold out, but it is a hoot, regardless.

I am 6'2" and the roadster is a tight fit, but I do fine. The 30-31's might be a little roomier, but I love my 28. It's like having two pretty girlfriends. You date the one you want for that day.
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:17 AM   #24
mike48750

Thanks guys. I ordered a copy of the "Model A Album" by Clymer from Ebay, can't wait to get it. Mike
mike48750 is offline   Reply With Quote