Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-04-2019, 09:20 AM   #41
all american boy

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Mr Allison

Sent you a very important personal message.

'Am hearing Thunder in the West'

Sounds like you could use an 'Arkansas Weather Station'.

It is a rock on a string you hang on your porch.

If the sun is shining on the string it is a nice day.

Ir the rock and string are wet, it's raining.

If the rock and string are gone.There is a tornado.

'Yes it has.Before I was a multi-millionaire.'-Quote
all american boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #42
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by all american boy View Post
Mr Allison, Sounds like you could use an 'Arkansas Weather Station'. It is a rock on a string you hang on your porch. If the sun is shining on the string it is a nice day. If the rock and string are wet, it's raining. If the rock and string are gone.There is a tornado.
Hey Mr. AAB,
Cute!

This year has been STRANGE. In the thirty years that I've lived here, we have NEVER had this kind of weather pattern. It starts by having HEAVY overcast that moves in at night. Then COLD air from the North meets the Moisture in the atmosphere that comes North from the Gulf of Mexico, and from the respiration from the Pine Trees, and that produces lines of Thunderstorms, the Southern end is at Brownsville, and the line extends up the Gulf Coast moving Northeast, sometimes clear up to New England. This whole system then moves Southeast, as the now COOL air pushes it Southeast.

Then we get two to three days of GORGEOUS, LOW HUMIDITY WEATHER.

This is followed by HUGE Cumulus Clouds, that progressively turn into the Heavy Overcast, and the cycle repeats.

So far this year, we've had seventeen of these cycles. The Forest and Thicket LOVE it. But it makes it to where one has to use the three NICE days to mow the lawns, and do whatever one can outdoors before the RAIN (T-Storms) chase one indoors again.

The Weather Guessers are saying we're supposed to have NICE Weather for the next week, except for it being in the Mid 90s.

Right now, it's waning overcast, and is supposed to clear this afternoon. We'll see.

Will respond to your PM next. Take care.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:35 AM   #43
all american boy

Mr Allison

About your Abarth.Abarth was the Shelby of Italian cars.There were quite a few that would come up for sale.The bugaboo with them is working on 'em.
You have to do things different.Roll on the throttle not just tromp on it.

Always wanted to get one of the big Alfa Romeo's.2600 Spyder's.and the like.
Blew the deal on two 70's Italian cars.Alfa Romeo and sister car Maserati BiTurbo.Biturbo was one of the worst cars ever made.They went too far to fast and had 5 or 7 computers(probably CAN microprocessors,not really 'computer's').Sure looked neat though.Squarish styling.Leather interiors.

These were serviced and storage space kept low dollar deals and we blew it!
Owned by one of the Hickman brothers.One had been Dobie Gillis and the other was a child and adult actor.He was in a couple John Wayne Batjac movies.Island In the Sky and such.Darrel and Dwayne Hickman.

About your starter being slow.Make sure and check battery and connections.

Have a nice day

Old 07-06-2019, 04:35 AM   #44
JCAllison

Quote:
Mr Allison, About your Abarth. Abarth was the Shelby of Italian cars.
Hey Bob,
Right. Knew how to set them up to where nothing in their class could keep up.
Quote:
There were quite a few that would come up for sale.The bugaboo with them is working on 'em.
Never found that to be so. They were pretty basic.
Quote:
You have to do things different. Roll on the throttle not just tromp on it.
Actually, they were a sports racing car, not a dragster. But the one I had dominated its class at the Strip.
Quote:
About your starter being slow.Make sure and check battery and connections.
That is on the agenda.
Quote:
Have a nice day
Have been keeping pretty busy as long as it wasn't too hot to be out. Can work between about 6:30 a.m. and Noon. Will be out this morning doing a bunch of fitting details, and then it will be time to start actually making the fitting permanent. Everything is easy, it's just figuring out what needs to be done next. The order in which to do stuff makes the flow of the work go much easier. Don't have to back-track to do something that should have been done earlier.

Hope YOU are well.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
Old 07-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #45
all american boy

Good morning Mr Allison!

About your 390.Yours truly owned two of them or 1 1/2 really.

First one was a '80 or '82 Ford LN600 Louisville cab bobtail truck.
20' box with a liftgate.Allison automatic trans and 370.Small world.Allison trans and you're Mr Allison.How about that?

Second one was '76 Ford F100 longbed with 390 no options, roll up windows.
Actually it was called an Explorer, I think.
With the 390 they gave you power steering.Nice little truck.Had that double I-beam front axle to give it sort of independent front suspension.Just like the ad's on tv.
It was a Cowboy Hot Rod not a Cowboy Cadillac.Texas Mile Eater.

The pickup I am really kicking myself for getting rid of was the '66 Dodge D200 crewcab 3/4 ton pickup.Ouch! That's another story! Longbed that was the good bed not the stupid looking narrow tailgate with the round headlight.That bed looked just like later conventional style beds.
Polyspherical head early 318 2 bbl with GIANT HD trans with handle that went right into the top of trans.Granny gear was walking speed.

Oh well! Que sera,sera.

We are doing great here!

Stay out of trouble or if you can't don't use my name!

Old 07-06-2019, 12:57 PM   #46
JCAllison

Hey All,
Saturday, July 6, 2019, Noon Update:

After a short half-drowse nap, got up, and gathered the Craftsman RotoTool, a Sanding Drum Fitting, a Tube of Dielectric Silicone, and a set of Wrenches. Gathered up the courage to challenge the Mosquitoes out at the Car Port, and proceeded to clean Ms. American's Electrical Connections.

Disconnected the Quick Disconnect Ground Switch.

Removed the Ground Cable at the Block and cleaned the Fitting with the Sanding Drum.
There was another Cable connected to the SAME Bolt. Not sure what it was, but cleaned it with the Sanding Drum. Gave both a good slather of Dielectric Silicone and reinstalled the Bolt.

Removed the Positive Battery Cable from the Positive Post, and cleaned both with the Sanding Drum. Slathered the connection with Dielectric Silicone, and reinstalled the Cable.

Removed the Battery Cable, and two other Wires from the Starter Relay, cleaned them with the Sanding Drum, slathered them with Dielectric Silicone, and reinstalled the Nut.

Removed the Quick Disconnect Switch from the Negative Battery Post, and the Ground Cable from the QDS. Cleaned everything with the Sanding Drum, reassembled with Dielectric Silcone.

Cleaned the Negative Battery Post, and reinstalled the QDS to the Negative Post.

Removed the Starter Relay Cable Fitting from the Starter Relay, and cleaned it with the Sanding Drum. Reassembled the QDS to Negative Battery Post with Dielectric Silicone.

Cleaned up all the Tools, and Materials, and then needed to start Ms. American.

Went through the Start Procedure: Four pumps on the Accelerator. Hold the last pump, and pull out the Mustangs Etc. Manual Choke. Gear Shift in Neutral. Clutch depressed. Keyed the Starter.

ABSOLUTELY NO HESITATION! STARTER CRANKED STRONG! 3.14 STARTED RIGHT UP! THE BLINKING OF THE GEN LIGHT AT IDLE IS GONE! THE OLD GAL JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER!

Brought all the stuff in, and am sitting here feeling REALLY good for not feeling too well.

Am no longer going to have to worry that Ms. American might not start. The problem all along has been tenuous electrical connections, just as Mr. Kultulz suspected.

There was nothing wrong with the Starter.

Nothing wrong anywhere.

It was just a thin coat of oxidization on the Fittings which is now gone, and with the Dielectric Silicone on everything, it should take a LONG time to return.

Will keep you all updated if, when, and as progress occurs.

JC
Old 07-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #47
JCAllison

Quote:
Good morning Mr Allison!
Hey Bob!
Quote:
About your 390.Yours truly owned two of them or 1 1/2 really.
As I understand it, they built a few of them back in the day.
Quote:
First one was a '80 or '82 Ford LN600 Louisville cab bobtail truck.
20' box with a liftgate. Allison automatic trans and 370. Small world.Allison trans and you're Mr Allison.How about that?
Did you know that they put Allison Engines in Mustangs?
Quote:
Second one was '76 Ford F100 longbed with 390 no options, roll up windows. Actually it was called an Explorer, I think. With the 390 they gave you power steering. Nice little truck. Had that double I-beam front axle to give it sort of independent front suspension.Just like the ad's on tv.
I remember seeing those commercials. Kind of a strange Front Axle Arrangement.
Quote:
It was a Cowboy Hot Rod not a Cowboy Cadillac. Texas Mile Eater.
There's lots of them to eat here.
Quote:
The pickup I am really kicking myself for getting rid of was the '66 Dodge D200 crewcab 3/4 ton pickup. Ouch!
Don't know if you're aware of Lorrie Van Haul. She's my sweetheart. 1967 Dodge P200 Post Office Vehicle. Right Hand Drive. Dodge 225 Slant Six. Bendix Stromberg Model W Carburetor. Big Three HEI (Mopar Electronic Distributor/GM Control Module/Ford Ignition Coil). Have had her since 1975.
Quote:
That's another story! Longbed that was the good bed not the stupid looking narrow tailgate with the round headlight.That bed looked just like later conventional style beds.
Some people just like pickup trucks.
Quote:
Polyspherical head early 318 2 bbl with GIANT HD trans with handle that went right into the top of trans.Granny gear was walking speed.
Sound like a real workhorse. How come you let it get away?
Quote:
Oh well! Que sera,sera.
Looking back on all the vehicles I've had, I wish I had them all back. Alas, am having to be satisfied with Ms. American, and Lorrie Van Haul.
Quote:
We are doing great here!
Same here. Just another eternal weekend.
Quote:
Stay out of trouble or if you can't don't use my name!
Am a little too old to get into any kind of trouble. Besides, who'd believe that my name was "All American Boy"?

So have used up the supply of Energy&Focus working on Lorrie, and Ms. American this morning. Am going to take the rest of the day off.

Hope this finds YOU continuing to do well. Take care.

JC
Old 07-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #48
dmsfrr

Sounds like you had a more productive morning than I did.

When you're feeling better there's another connection that sometimes likes attention,
the starter end of the heavy cable down from the starter solenoid.

My son's first car (Ford) developed a problem with the starter, it only worked 'most' of the time.
I found the nut holding the large cable lug onto the starter stud was slightly loose and it would arc a bit. The weak connection would occasionally break, until it re-welded itself.
Filed all the crud off and added a (missing?) flat and lock washer to hold the nut tight on the lug & starter stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAllison View Post
Removed the Ground Cable at the Block and cleaned the Fitting with the Sanding Drum.
There was another Cable connected to the SAME Bolt. Not sure what it was, but cleaned it with the Sanding Drum.
That other cable might have been a Ground cable for the body of the car, with all its lights and accessories. Eventually cleaning the other end of it would be a good thing too.

Last edited by dmsfrr; 07-06-2019 at 02:19 PM.
dmsfrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #49
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfrr View Post
Sounds like you had a much more productive morning than I did.
Hey Mr. D,
After a night's sleep, I have about a four hour Energy&Focus life. That's all right, considering that at this time of year, about four hours is all it takes to get TOO HOT to be out after the sun rises.
Quote:
When you're feeling better there's another connection that sometimes likes attention, the starter end of the heavy cable down from the starter solenoid.
It was less than a couple of weeks ago that THAT Connection was dealt with. Had some time ago, fabricated a Heat Shield between the Starboard Cast Iron Shorty Header, and the Starter. Putting Ms. American up on the Ramps, and going under her head first, it was found that reaching the Starter Terminal was nearly impossible, but just barely do-able. BUT there was a problem. Couldn't get enough stroke in the Space between the Block and the Header to get another grip on the Nut. I agonized over that for quite a while. But then it occurred to me that if I went under the old Gal FEET FIRST, AND with a SHORT/SHORT Wrench, that I might be able to tighten that Nut.

So the next time that were out and about, when we got home, up on the ramps she went, and was left to cool overnight. Crawled under FEET FIRST, and with the Short Wrench was able to not only REACH the NUT, but was able to really tighten it down.

Just doing THAT made a world of difference, but still the Starter was kind of WIMPY. There is a NEW Starter and Starter Cable here on the Shelf, but I have serious doubts that I'm able to install it.

Then Mr. Kultulz mentioned that I was going to have problems with him if I didn't treat Ms. American better. Well, not wanting to have problems with Mr. K., I decided today to go out and spiff up ALL the connections.

WONDER of WONDERS, the improvement was MIRACULOUS! It's amazing what being threatened by Mr. K. can accomplish!

Before, even with the Starter Terminal tightened, when Keying the Starter, it would grab... hesitate... turn a little... the begin a kind of anemic cranking, and would eventually catch, and start.

Today after all that was done, the Keying of the Starter produced a STRONG CRANK, and everything is copacetic.
Quote:
My son's first car (Ford) developed a problem with the starter, it only worked 'most' of the time.
I know the feeling.
Quote:
I found the nut holding the large cable lug onto the starter stud was slightly loose and it would arc a bit. The weak connection would occasionally break, until it re-welded itself.
When I went in Feet First, I got a little more than a quarter turn on the NUT. It's amazing how that affects an electrical circuit.
Quote:
Filed all the crud off and added a (missing?) flat and lock washer to hold the nut tight on the lug & starter stud.
YES!
Quote:
That other cable might have been a Ground cable for the body of the car, with all its lights and accessories. Eventually cleaning the other end of it would be a good thing too.
Actually, the Body Ground Cable is back at the Firewall. And it is almost BRAND NEW. A Braided Cable.

I think the other Cable is from some part of the PerTronix Ignition System, but that is just a suspicion.

Started Ms. American's 3.14 twice today after doing the cleaning and Dielectric-izing of the Connections, and both times, there was just an INSTANT STRONG CRANK. No more hesitation, or anemic wimpiness.

In all the years that Ms. American has lived with me (that was on June 6, 1985), today was the BEST she has EVER started. That has been kind of a trend that has been happening with each thing that has been done, even going back to the installation of the Mustangs Etc. Manual Choke, which worked wonders.

At this point in time, there are two things that NEED doing, but that will probably not get done by ME. One is a NEW Exhaust System. The other is a NEW Pilot Bearing/Bushing in the Flywheel. But who knows? Everything happens when it's supposed to happen.

Anyway, thanks for the response. Hope you're having a GREAT weekend.

JC
Old 07-08-2019, 05:25 AM   #50
JCAllison

Hey All,
Saturday, July 8, 2019, Morning Update:

Am all set up to Epoxy/Aluminum Foil the EXTERIOR Bend on the Sheet Metal Center Section.

Once that it done, while it is curing, am going to have to remove Karel, the Craftsman Riding Lawn Tractor's Cutting Blades, and sharpen them. Will reinstall them and then HAVE to cut the lawns. With all the rain that we've had, the grass is growing faster than it every has in all the thirty years that I've lived here.

Have been remonstrating on what to use to fasten the TOP of the Sheet Metal Center Section to Lorrie's Front End. Need a bit of Metal Strap Material. Last evening, while contemplating the issue, the thought occurred that I could cut the MYSTERY STRAP that was removed a while back, and it would take but BENDING it properly, and locating it to be Pop Riveted down, to make it fit into the Vertical Structural Members at the TOP of the Sheet Metal Center Section. It is going to take a bit of careful cutting on the Vertical Structural Members, and maybe a slight bit of Bending of the Cut Places to get them to accept the MYSTERY STRAP TABS.

Got an E-Mail this morning saying that the Pitman Arm Puller, AND the Hood Hold Down Pin Mechanisms are due to be delivered today. Already have the Angle Pieces that will be fastened to the Front Frame Rails, which will but entail Drilling the holes in the Frame Rails, and bolting the Angle Pieces down in the proper locations, and then Drilling the Holes for the Hood Hold Down Rods to go through the bottom of the Grille.That ought to look really spiffy, and am sure it will work as advertised.

There are still some Pop Rivets that need to be installed holding the Grille to the Sheet Metal Center Section.

Am going to have to prep Lorrie's Front Sheet Metal to make it ready to accept the Herculiner Bed Liner which is scheduled to arrive next Thursday. That will be done by first washing the entire Front End, then abrading it with a COARSE Sand Paper. Then it will be wiping everything down with Lacquer Thinner, which will make the Herculiner Bed Liner adhere.

The Weather Guessers are predicting temperatures in the Low to Mid 90s. There are some things that can be done to the Sheet Metal Center Section indoors as they do not require being out where Lorrie is parked to do. That will entail the Epoxying of Nylon Strapping to the perimeter Flange Edges of the Sheet Metal Center Section, then trimming them using the Soldering Gun with the Nylon Strap Cutting Tool. That may sound a bit ambiguous, but will have JPGs of the process to clear up any misconceptions.

Anyway, it's coming up to the time to feed the Felines, and as soon as it is light enough to see, be out to work on the Epoxy/Aluminum Foil-ing of Lorrie's Sheet Metal Center Section.

Will of course keep you all updated if, when, and as progress occurs. Take care everyone.

JC

Last edited by JCAllison; 07-08-2019 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:07 AM   #51
JCAllison

Hey All,
Saturday, July 8, 2019, Early-Mid-Morning Update:

Got Karel, the Craftsman Riding Lawn Tractor serviced, and fueled, and was done mowing the lawns by 6:30 a.m. (MY TIME (I don't do daylight savings time because it confuses the Felines)). Am all set up to Epoxy/Aluminum Foil Lorrie Van Haul's EXTERIOR Bend on the Sheet Metal Center Section before it gets to be too HOT.

Will have JPGs of the finished product.

Will keep you all updated if, when, and as progress occurs.

JC
Old 07-09-2019, 09:11 AM   #52
all american boy

Mr Allison

You are a little late checking in today.

We're a little concerned out here in your old hometown.

We are eagerly anticipating those promised pictures of a 'lawn tractor'.

Let me think how many of those I have seen out here over the years.

Pretty sure answer is 'none'.

Just big ones mowing the fields at high schools and what not.

Have a nice day

Bob

Last edited by all american boy; 07-09-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #53
JCAllison

Quote:
Mr Allison, You are a little late checking in today.
Hey Bob,
Nothing on topic to report.
Quote:
We're a little concerned out here in your old hometown.
And well you should be. Earthquakes, Homelessness, the Tsunami just waiting to happen. Have often said that California is a nice place to be "FROM"!
Quote:
We are eagerly anticipating those promised pictures of a 'lawn tractor'.
"Promised"?
Quote:
Let me think how many of those I have seen out here over the years.
Pretty sure answer is 'none'.
Am thinking that you've seen more of them than you realize. You just didn't know that THAT is what they are called. See here:

https://www.searsoutlet.com/br/plp/t...g-lawn-tractor

Quote:
Just big ones mowing the fields at high schools and what not. Have a nice day. Bob
For sure. You too.

JC
Old 07-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #54
Nite-owl

Hi there,

I know you want to keep L van H in Dodge and Ms. A in the Barn.
I shoulda and woulda posted this there but they won't let me in. I may have to sign up again under a different name. Besides, you broke your own rule with Post nr. 50. and Fordnatics can benefit too.

I used these wheels to strip T L's entire body inside and out. They come in 3 flavors: Soft(black); Medium (blue) and Hard(purple), as a single and double wheel. I used the blue.

The wire brush wheel can't hold a candle to them. They are faster than a "Flappy wheel" and can get into places the "Flappy wheel" can't.

Your faithfull follower,

Mel

Last edited by Nite-owl; 07-14-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #55
Nite-owl

Hi there,

Bigger pic:

Old 07-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #56
KULTULZ

Exclamation Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Then Mr. Kultulz mentioned that I was going to have problems with him if I didn't treat Ms. American better. Well, not wanting to have problems with Mr. K., I decided today to go out and spiff up ALL the connections.

WONDER of WONDERS, the improvement was MIRACULOUS! It's amazing what being threatened by Mr. K. can accomplish!

Before, even with the Starter Terminal tightened, when Keying the Starter, it would grab... hesitate... turn a little... the begin a kind of anemic cranking, and would eventually catch, and start.

Today after all that was done, the Keying of the Starter produced a STRONG CRANK, and everything is copacetic.

... curses ... FOILED AGAIN!

Was hoping you would get upset with her and sale her to me ...

Does she have a GEN or ALT JC?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 500px-Snidely_in_tv_series.jpg (29.5 KB, 0 views)

- DISCLAIMER -

The above posted information is in my opinion only (IMO) and may contain copy and paste material(s).

In addition, any above tech information is supplied in good faith. No responsibility implied or otherwise can be accepted for the way others use or interpret provided data.

Your experience(s), opinion(s) and mileage may vary.

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:57 PM   #57
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-owl View Post
Hi there, I know you want to keep L van H in Dodge and Ms. A in the Barn.
Hey Mel,
It's not that I WANT to keep Lorrie in a Dodge Forum, and Ms. American in a Ford Forum, it's that some people want to complain, and the Moderators can't do anything about it. So rather than having to deal with what the "haters" are putting out, have just gone with something that can't be complained about, without letting it bother me.
Quote:
I shoulda and woulda posted this there but they won't let me in.
RamChargerCentral won't let you post there? Have they said why?
Quote:
I may have to sign up again under a different name. Besides, you broke your own rule with Post nr. 50. and Fordnatics can benefit too.
I sometimes make mistakes. But I don't have "rules". It's OTHERS that have rules, and like to be "enforcers". I just consider them "Control Freaks", and let it go at that.
Quote:
I used these wheels to strip T L's entire body inside and out. They come in 3 flavors: Soft(black); Medium (blue) and Hard(purple), as a single and double wheel. I used the blue.
Your JPGs didn't seem to make it into the posts.
Quote:
The wire brush wheel can't hold a candle to them. They are faster than a "Flappy wheel" and can get into places the "Flappy wheel" can't.
I suspect that I've seen the "wheels" of which you speak. There happens to be here a Tool called a "Wagner Paint Eater" See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXARDjhxaU

The problem with it is that it has an odd-ball connection to the Abrasive Disk that makes it to where one has to buy a Wagner Disk, and they are expensive. Auto Zone has the same ABRASIVE material that can be used with an Electric Drill.

Is this the stuff of which you wrote?

The following Image Code made it into the QUOTE, but there are no images that show in the post. Also, just "PREVIEWED" my response, and the Image Code didn't make it into MY post either! Makes me want to go "Hmmm!"

Quote:

Quote:
Your faithfull follower, Mel
Have YOU and TL been doing all right? Have been working steadily on LVH. Everything is coming along nicely.

Hope YOU are well.

JC

Last edited by JCAllison; 07-14-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:42 PM   #58
Nite-owl

Hi there,

I no naught about the "Wagner" but it looks like the same material.

Quote:
Auto Zone has the same ABRASIVE material that can be used with an Electric Drill.
That's what I'm talking about.

I haven't mastered the image thing yet.

Quote:
RamChargerCentral won't let you post there? Have they said why?
Application pending approval, STILL!

Quote:
Have been working steadily on LVH. Everything is coming along nicely.
I know

Side note: Is it possible to insert JPG's in the tekst? As you do it (ahead of me) it's:

read tekst; scroll down to Jpeg; scroll up to next tekst; scroll down to next Jpeg; scroll up... etc.

Mel
Old 07-15-2019, 06:01 AM   #59
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-owl View Post
Hi there, I no naught about the "Wagner" but it looks like the same material.
Hey Mel,
You say that your stripped TL with this stuff. When Lorrie was being refurbished after sitting for sixteen years, the Wagner Paint Eater was used to COMPLETELY denude her exterior. Then it was brush painted with "Bar-OX Black, and White Enamel. Bar-OX is some of the BEST paint I've ever used, and I was a sign painter for years. Back then Sherwin Williams was the BEST paint.
Quote:
That's what I'm talking about.
Have a little secret about this particular product. Auto Zone sells it for about $10.00 a Unit. Wal*Mart sells it for about $8.00 a Unit. Auto Zone's Unit works GREAT. Wal*Mart's Unit is out of balance, and won't last more than one session. Have found that the reason that Wal*Mart can sell for less is because they are selling "seconds". Seconds are products that are NOT "First Quality".

Even their Health Nut Bread is "seconds". Have bought Health Nut Bread from H.E.B. and they are nice, fat, full length loaves. Have bought Health Nut Bread from Wal*Mart, and the loaves are skimpy, and have two or three ADDED slices because the loaf is SHORT.

All products are made, and then graded. The "seconds" are sold to discount outlets for less than "First Quality" Units, and because they cost the discount outlets less, they can be sold for less. But they are defective, but can't be detected as defective just by looking at them.
Quote:
I haven't mastered the image thing yet.
You'll get the hang of it. Don't give up.
Quote:
Application pending approval, STILL!
Rattle their cage a little.
Quote:
I know
Lorrie is going to be so PROUD! New Door Handles. New Front End Configuration. New Steering System. New Paint. I promised her that I would do this if she would just hang in there while we were getting Ms. American back to being reliable. She did. Ms. American did. And so now it's up to me to keep my promise. Am going to do it till I can no longer do it.
Quote:
Side note: Is it possible to insert JPG's in the tekst (text)?
Yes, but it's a PITA with this word processor. It was EASY at FFO. But the a$$hole over there just wasn't worth the irritation that he decided he was going to be as vengeance for my not letting him control me.
Quote:
As you do it (ahead of me) it's: read tekst; scroll down to Jpeg; scroll up to next tekst; scroll down to next Jpeg; scroll up... etc. Mel
Know what you mean.

Mr. Kultulz told me how to do it, but I don't at the moment remember EXACTLY how it was done. It has to do with finding out what the JPG Code is, and inserting THAT code where the JPG is desired.

Anyway, the Weather Guessers are all screwed up here. Hurricane Barry is unpredictable. Have been seeing Lightning flashes to the East and South, but they are so far away that there's no thunder. At least it's cool here, and the Weather Guessers are saying "no rain".

Hope this finds YOU and TL doing well. Take care.

JC
Old 07-15-2019, 07:15 AM   #60
JCAllison

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
... curses ... FOILED AGAIN! Was hoping you would get upset with her and sale her to me ...
Hey Mr. K,
In all seriousness... I don't know what is ever going to become of Ms. American, and Lorrie Van Haul.

My father died at the age of 84. My mother died seven years later at the age of 84. The Liver MDeity replied, when I asked her how long I had left to live, after she had told me I was going to die in five months when they first discovered this Liver Disease, and then when I responded so MIRACULOUSLY to the therapy (that was twenty years ago), that I would "Probably live as long as my Father and Mother."

So I'm 80 years old now. If I've got only four more years, between now and then. During that time, I am going to have to figure out what is going to be done with both Ms. American, and Lorrie Van Haul.

Also what is ever going to become of my two Guitars (one VERY expensive Martin D35-12 Acoustic Twelve-String, and one VERY expensive Ovation 1285 Preacher Electric Twelve-String.

I can't bring myself to sell them. I don't need the money. They would feel betrayed if I sold them, I'm sure.

So what to do?

Don't want to leave any of them to people who haven't the slightest idea of what it takes to keep them happy.

And a problem is that even if I did find someone who could take care of them properly, the only people that I know who would do that are also around MY age, and what would THEY do with them when THEY passed away?

When I contemplate this problem, the only thing that I can come up with is that it REALLY WON'T BE MY PROBLEM ANYMORE! But that doesn't keep me from wondering.

I just have to continue to believe, and content myself with the belief that everything works out the way it is supposed to work out. And then just let it go at that.
Quote:
Does she have a GEN or ALT JC?
Ms. American has an Alternator." Why do you ask?

Presently, Ms. American is proving to be back to being her old reliable self. She is in the BEST condition she has ever been in since coming to live with me. She is starting the BEST she has ever started.

She could use a NEW Pilot Bearing in the Flywheel, but I compensate for THAT by the way I drive her.

Even her exterior is a WONDER. It isn't "pretty", but it has a "GENUINE" patina that can't be faked. She has "earned" how she looks. There are people who TRY to make their cars look like Ms. American, but there's no substitute for AUTHENTICITY.

And on the underside, she is PERFECT.

The Front Suspension is EXACTLY as it should be.

Her ENTIRE Brake System is NEW.

From the Center of the Flywheel to the Rear U-Joint, she is kind of loosey-goosy, but THAT could all be fixed just by replacing parts.

Her EXHAUST Pipes are GOOD... not GREAT, but adequate.

Am thinking that just the Exhaust Pipes from the Cast Iron Shorty Headers to the front of the Mufflers should be replaced, but without taking the Bolts out of the Flanges connecting them to the Header, but rather just cutting them off about six inches from the Header Flanges, and welding expanded NEW Pipes to them.

Could take the Clamps off of the front of the Mufflers, and fasten the NEW Pipes to them. The Exhaust System doesn't have a "cross-over". It never has.

So in the meantime, we are just going along, living a REAL life, in REAL time, doing what can be done with the Energy&Focus available. Don't know how much longer this can continue, but everything happens when it's supposed to happen. Attitude is everything. Acceptance is the key. Am carrying on as if we're ALL immortal.

Hope this finds YOU doing well, and taking excellent care.

JC

Last edited by JCAllison; 07-15-2019 at 07:21 AM.