Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
Mike in Mass

Default getting a sticka in Mass,New Rules

I went to get a sticker at my local repair shop yesterday . I know the guys by name . pulled it in and the guy came over with his camera .OK Need a phot of the Odometer, no problem , Now I need a photo of the VIN # .Aaah huh ,,, that aint gonna happen pal , He looked at me like I had an attitude. I told where they are and that I wadnt taling my truck apart to get one .He started to develop a sour puss but I caught him in time . My Truck started life as a fire engine and I have "worn smooth" brass plaque on the fire wall .GOOD Enough for Me " he says . Lucked out Again !
Mike in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
fottyjs

Default Re: getting a sticka in Mass,New Rules

It depends on which inspection station that you go to....I have year of manufacture plate on my 36 and my guy says no problem...Another satation says you need 2 plates...The rule is one but some stations dont know..I have not heard of any stations asking for Vin no.....Good luck...
fottyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:00 AM   #3
Ritzy1

Uh oh, something to look forward to when it comes time for that. Stamping on my chassis is VERY hard to make out. It is clearly marked on the transmission, but that won't be in the car when I get it inspected.
Ritzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:53 AM   #4
big job

Leave it to RMV Massholes. First off the vin and title no. is on the reg. so there is no
need to take it apart and find a frame number. The mileage is printed on your inspection
check sheet they give you. I like that because I bring last years and this years check
sheet to insurance clearly showing the car went 500 miles all year possabilly getting a
break. What if the speedometer cable got busted. My model T has no speedometer.
And then all my vehicals the sticker blew out the window or fell off. Not my problem
that RMV the richest dept in the state but to cheap for sticker glue and I am not about to
scotch tape the sticker back on, for a 39 dollar piece of paper issued by legal crooks.
So you get stopped by some kid for no sticker? Just whip out your inspection sheet.
Yep passed inspection last month: not my problem, technecally the sticker is rmv
property not mine, so the dime is on them.........So Mike I bet your truck has very low
miles on it, BUT most run in 4 or 5th running the pump so the speedometer is clocking really showing engine mileage not truck mileage.
big job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
Ford46

Mike is correct, inspection stations are required to photograph the license plate ( and year of manufacture only one is required even if two were original issued), the odometer, the vehicle serial number, do a safety inspection and it is all on tape from the cameras in the inspection bay. They are technically supposed to drive the car into the inspection bay themselves. That should be fun with a real Model T, or even a standard shift now days!
So, be prepared to have the VIN able to be photographed, on my car it is readable but on other's cars I've seen VIN's on a nice tag, riveted to the firewall, I did that on my 32 Roadster with a custom 32 frame. LouB.
Ford46 is offline   Reply With Quote