Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
frederic

Default Running board cover delima

Hi all, thanks in advance for all the help over time, for good ideas, and good conversation.

New delima. 1947 for running board covers, stripped my aluminum boards, purchased new rubber from Drake, it is the kind that appears not to use the chrome trim strip as it goes around the outer upper lip of board and hooks under the lower edge of board. Well looks nice but one cannot put the chrome strip back into place with ALL the extra rubber in place. (or am I missing something) I have tried and tried to pull that chrome strip over the top curve to no avail. I CUT ONE SIDE along the center edge the length of the board and removed the bottom lip, still no go, cannot get the chrome to snap over the top curve of running board. SO how does one do it ?? Thinking of cutting the top portion of rubber that goes over running board hump along its length just back and on top where it starts to go over the hump. the chrome would snap past the cut and rest on the flat rubber (I THINK). Can one buy running board covers that are just FLAT and fit just up to the where the radius starts (hump as i call it) ALSO as purchased and un cut the Drake covers do not reach the entire width of the boards and stop short of the inner edge buy 3/8 inch. cant see that is a problem as no one sees it.

thank you all
frustrated Frederic
frederic is offline   Reply With Quote