Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2020, 04:51 PM   #1
steve fritz

Default 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon V8 Dual Exhaust Tail Pipes

Today I installed the header pipes on my 55 Ranch Wagon . Stock 272 V8.
All went fine. So now I am looking at sourcing some mufflers and tail pipes to finish the job. I called WALDONS EXHAUST , Centerville MI outfit. They have been bending pipes and selling Ford exhaust for years. They advertise in Hemmings , etc. I have had good luck with their products over the years.
Now here's my question.....according to John at WALDONS , the Ranch Wagon and Sedan Deliveries call for tail pipes that exit to the side behind the rear tire , below the lower quarter. That really surprised me and I told him I was not sure if I wanted to do that. My next question to him was why cant I just order passenger car tail pipes and get the exhaust routed out the back , which I really prefer. He wasn't sure if the wagon rear structure was different than the passenger cars , and couldn't tell me for sure that they would route through and over the top of diff to exit to the rear properly.
So , told him I would call back tomorrow and make a decision then. What do you Wagon/sedan del owners think about this? Is there a difference in those models that would prevent using rear outlet , passenger car , tail pipes??

One more question.....does anybody have the overall and body length of stock 55 Ford mufflers for dual exhaust???

Thanks for any comments from wagon owners on my main question here.
Steve
steve fritz is offline   Reply With Quote