Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
19Fordy

Default Photobucket photos are blurry.

Why is it that the Photobucket photos posted with threads are too blurry to see? Is it me or my computer?
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
redmodelt

Default Re: Photobucket photos are blurry.

Post a link to a sample.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
HOTRODPRIMER

Photo bucket was a free hosting site until last year, they now hold your photo's for ransom, you have to pay them X number of dollars a year before they will allow the photo's to be view clearly, and that's just your photo's on their hosting site no one elses.

Their other game is Red X's, there is no telling how many great threads have been totally screwed up by their greed, had they decide to charge a small fee I'm sure most would have paid it but not their outrageous fees now.

When a photobucket pay's for the storage they release the photo's with their proudly hosted by photobucket. HRP

Last edited by HOTRODPRIMER; 10-01-2019 at 04:26 PM.
HOTRODPRIMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
Charlie Stephens

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmodelt View Post
Post a link to a sample.
I think this is what he is talking about: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...#post-13264317 or this https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ou-can.451530/

I think Photobuckets new game is to let you pay to post and then when you stop they go back and blur all of your pictures. You think you are OK and then they get you if you don't keep paying forever. I can't believe that anyone would not post directly to fordbarn or HAMB.

It is probably not fair to blame everything on Photobucket. They are in business to make a profit, which is good. The person using their services should read the fine print and plan for what will happen in the future.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 10-01-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #5
HOTRODPRIMER

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Stephens View Post
I think this is what he is talking about: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...#post-13264317 or this https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ou-can.451530/

It is probably not fair to blame everything on Photobucket. They are in business to make a profit, which is good. The person using their services should read the fine print and plan for what will happen in the future.

Charlie Stephens

Charlie, photobucket was started in 2003 by Alex Welch and Darren Crystal as a totally free web hosting site and funded by advertisement and remained that way until June 30, 2017

That's when Photobucket dropped its free hosting service, and requires a $99 annual subscription to allow external linking to all hosted images, or a $399 annual subscription to allow the embedding of images on third-party websites, such as personal blogs and forums like the Ford Barn or the Hamb.

This policy change, enacted with no advance notice, has been highly controversial. As a result, users who previously relied on Photobucket to freely host content embedded on forums, blogs, and websites to pay the annual subscription (previously there was no charge)

So, until photobucket changed hands it was a free hosting site (14 years ) and then all of a sudden if you didn't pay your photo's were ether replaced with a RED X or your photo's were blurred, I fault photobucket for not giving folks ample time to down load all their photo's to their on PC or the cloud. HRP