Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #1
Eckler's

Default Introduction

Hey all,

My name is Trevor and I work with Eckler's Industries, specifically MAC's Auto Parts. Anyway, I'm here to try to help answer any of your questions or concerns so by all means feel free to shoot me a message if anything comes up.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Introduction

This oughtta be good!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

On second thought, although some of my experiences with Mac's , --and their manufacturing side (Specialized & Cartouche) have been 'less than stellar' in the past, I will definitely give you the benefit of the doubt in this since you have come trying to be of assistance.

May I ask what your background is pertaining to Model-A restoration and/or repair of them? Why I am asking is, if I were to inquire as to what I would need to do to one of your 1928 steering wheels to make it fit correctly, is this something you would have first-hand knowledge on what I would need to do? Maybe the same question in other areas such as if I were to ask you about seat fabric for a 1930 Sport Coupe, --and more specifically how close is it to original material, is this something you could help me answer accurately? Thanks, and welcome to Fordbarn!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:27 AM   #4
Rowdy
BANNED

Much like Brent I am glad you are here to help. I have only had one experiece with Mac's and it was not good. Think I will keep doing business with Bert's for the foreseeable future. Thanks Rod
Old 01-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #5
wrndln

Like Rowdy (Rod) and Brent, I haven't had a good experience with Mac's. Twice, at different times (about a year a part) I have ask the person on the phone at Mac's who makes the part I am inquiring about - both were sheetmetal items. In a condescending voice, both times the person stated Mac's does not divulge there suppliers. The reason I ask is I have had several bad experiences with Howell's in TX items - poorly made and ill fitting parts. Needless to say, I didn't purchase the items from Mac's. Since Mac's did not provide their suppliers like Bratton's, Bert's and some other parts suppliers will do if ask, I have not been a Mac's customer since. This is my experience with Mac's and maybe things have changed since it has been a few years since my inquiries, but I will never know if Mac's had changed, as I am happy with other parts supplier that are more user friendly.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #6
eagle

I have ordered from Macs for over 10 years, both model T and A. Never once had a problem with anything. Usually the best prices too. Great catalog.
eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:19 AM   #7
Eckler's

Hey all,
Thanks for the welcome.

Brent: In regards to my personal experience, I've been around Fords for a while and I feel that I have a pretty good grasp on what makes them tick as well as restoration solutions. If you have any specific questions regarding parts or restoration, feel free to shoot me a message any time and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I'm available.

To Rowdy and Wrndln: I apologize for your bad experience, and while I can't undo what other people have done or said, I will try to do my best to remedy the situation and provide as much help as is possible.

Again, thank you for your responses and I look forward to interacting with all of you in the future.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:50 AM   #8
Tom Cavallaro

Still waiting for the call back on a right side lamp arm that I bought at Macs....it was shaped wrong...pointing down too much....bought another at Snyders, and it's perfect! I asked Macs to put the right next to the left to see if they could see a difference and get back to me, just in case I got some odd duck they weren't aware of.....never happened......
Old 01-28-2015, 11:03 AM   #9
caboose

Now that you guys mentioned it:
When I started working on A's a few years ago, I bought exclusively from Mac's. As a result of a few problems (no need for details), I now buy from Snyder's and Mike's.
caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:07 AM   #10
Rowdy
BANNED

Please elaborate on your defination of "Been Around". Do you mean hads dirty and mind twisted trying to get them fixed or walking around them at car shows?? No ill will intended, just curous. Thanks Rod
Old 01-28-2015, 11:11 AM   #11
Tom Wesenberg

There won't be enough left of this poor horse to make a tube of glue.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #12
ModelAMike1930

I have had good luck ordering from Mac's. I like the fact that I can use paypal, their shipping and part quality has been good so far..
ModelAMike1930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #13
TinCup

Like lambs to the wolves. Good luck!
TinCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #14
asapguy

Is the parent company Eckler's Ind. the same company I used to get Corvette parts from years ago??
asapguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #15
caboose

Yes.
caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #16
Y-Blockhead

As a relatively new Model A enthusiast I have been trying most of the well known Model A Vendors to get a feel for them and to be perfectly honest there isn't one of the major players that I HAVE NOT had a problem with in some way besides MAC's.

My only complaint I have with MAC's (so far) is their shipping charges seem to be higher than some of the others.

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 01-28-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #17
ericr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
On second thought, although some of my experiences with Mac's , --and their manufacturing side (Specialized & Cartouche) have been 'less than stellar' in the past, I will definitely give you the benefit of the doubt in this since you have come trying to be of assistance.

May I ask what your background is pertaining to Model-A restoration and/or repair of them? Why I am asking is, if I were to inquire as to what I would need to do to one of your 1928 steering wheels to make it fit correctly, is this something you would have first-hand knowledge on what I would need to do? Maybe the same question in other areas such as if I were to ask you about seat fabric for a 1930 Sport Coupe, --and more specifically how close is it to original material, is this something you could help me answer accurately? Thanks, and welcome to Fordbarn!
there you go again, asking relevant questions lol
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #18
tbirdtbird
BANNED

Greetings!

1. a better starting question is where are you on the ladder at Ecklers? If the bottom rung....well.....if you are a manager of some type, that is a different ball game. If we do not know the answer to this question then I submit we are wasting our time and typing fingers

2. Are you only gonna respond to PMs? If so, by not sharing with the rest of us how you have resolved issues, is not gonna build up any confidence.

we had one post here a while back from someone with the handle 'egge'
There was no acknowledgement of just where he was in the Egge corporate structure (if he even was), and no answers were forthcoming of some good questions asked of him. So, in other words, why did he bother to post? And these were common sense questions, not even critical, since few if any have had trouble with the real Egge

3. and yes, if you are unwilling to divulge your sources, then best of luck to you, since all the other suppliers do, and it is no skin off your teeth if you are using reputable suppliers to tell us that
Old 01-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #19
CarlG

While Snyders does not typically list their sources in their catalog, they have always given me their source when asked. Never got a straight answer from Macs.
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #20
heneste

Being in Canada, the one big issue many people have had is when you go to order many parts at once and they get shipped in more than one order so the shipping costs inflate your budget. The responses provided were that the parts were stored in different warehouses and that was the reason for the multiple shipments.
Would it be possible to co-ordinate orders better in the future so one order=one shipment?
heneste is offline   Reply With Quote