Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
parkerstudio

Default Can transport a small car from Philly to Boston early to mid March

I hope this isn't violating the rules, or in the wrong place. This is my first post. This post was suggested, though, by a friend who is a regular.

A friend of mine and I will be driving from Philly to Boston sometime late in Feb to mid March. We will return the same day (depending on how much snow we will have to shovel!). We will be going up with an empty car carrier and coming back with an MG TD. If you have an A, or a T that needs to be transported on our trip up and would like to split the cost, please message me. Obviously, this would need to be a non-trophy winner, as the trailer would be open.

We are not trying to make money on this, just looking to cooperate with another hobbyist to kill two birds with one stone.
parkerstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Can transport a small car from Philly to Boston early to mid March

Do you suppose the snow will be melted enough for you to get up there by then?? Geez, I'm sure glad I don't live there during this snow mess they have!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
Keith True

Today I shoveled off the house roof,then I shoveled the roof off a building I keep a 54 Studebaker in.I wasn't paying too much attention to it,as it looked to only have 6 inches of snow on it.I went inside and heard a lot of cracking and groaning.I looked at the back and saw it was covered in a drift.It had 40 inches on one half of the roof.I have a Model A in another place I own,about 3 miles away.Somebody called me and told me that the shed there looked kind of strange.It is OK,but that one has nearly 3 feet of snow on one side and almost none on the other.It looks so lopsided it seems like it is tipping over.I've gone through 40 gallons of fuel in my Bobcat in two days,just stacking the snow up in my yard.When we have a lot of snow here there are always a dozen young fellows chomping at the bit to shovel roofs.Single wide mobile homes are $100.Double wides are $200.Houses are $200.and up.A couple days ago the shovelers were swarming around,today they are in hiding.I know a couple,they are just fried from the constant labor.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
Hicktick

I feel for you guys ,.,,. I learn something all the time saw a Snow melting machine on the news ., sorry but I laughed pretty hard the more I thought about it ,..,
Old 02-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #5
trulyvintage

Thumbs up Re: Can transport a small car from Philly to Boston early to mid March

Bump for ya' ...

Jim
trulyvintage is offline   Reply With Quote