Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
w.michael

Default Radiator clips for wiring harness

Does anyone have a good clear picture of the clips that hold the headlight wiring on the back of the radiator? I need a good picture to show to my local radiator guru. What are the measurements on these clips? I have checked the judging standard, Les Andrews' book, and the suppliers' catalogues without finding a reproducible photo. I tried to search this forum for the measurements (I'm sure I remember this being posted) but I don't do too well on the search function.

Thank you for your help.

W. Michael
w.michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: Radiator clips for wiring harness

Here is my original 1929 radiator. There are 3 clips each one is 5/16" wide with the edges curled up a little to protect the wire from edge cuts. The loop measures about 1" long, then there is a flat part soldered to the top of the bottom tank that is about 1/4" long. One clip is in the middle and the other two are midway between the outside two rows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Radiator Clip.jpg (49.6 KB, 72 views)
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
w.michael

Default Re: Radiator clips for wiring harness

Thank you both for your replies and for your photos. I was able to print the photos, and I will take them to my local radiator man tomorrow so he can see what I am talking about. The radiator I am taking in for a new a core was re-cored in the 60's and does not have any wiring clips on it now. A two blade fan went into the core several years ago, and Daddy pinched off several tubes and we've been running it at about 3/4 capacity ever since. Time for a new core! It's also been about 40 years since I've removed a radiator. They didn't used to be so hard to remove.
w.michael is offline   Reply With Quote