Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Clem Clement

Default Cowtown

Fun day. Launched in medium snow and roared to Cowtown. On the property at 6:15. First purchase at 6:16. none of my bud's had a hand cart so later I hadda tell the seller he could keep my $$ and sell it again cause I couldn't lift it. For trains I saw a a rusty Marx bridge for $2 and neato homey built girder bridge for 5 bangers so it followed me home. Will left a Marx engine for me at Frankie's booth.I found a bunch of junk I didn’t need but our pose from Virginia wimped out on me so I didn’t have any adults along to correct me. The guys from Frederick who had the 6 table of rusty junk were there as well. I made 3 heavy passes...I think the Earth’s magnetic pole moved again. I saw homefolks from the South Jersey Model A club who remembered me. Nice to be remembered. I left a coffee on a guys table and found it 2 hours later. Drank it anyway. I did find some neato Eagles memorabilia which will come to roost on some unsuspecting Redskin fan...

Saw a 32 pickup for sale and a mess of 32 iron. Kinda surprising.

On the way home at a rest stop, here come two guys wearing Buffalo Soldiers jackets. We hollered. They remembers my yellow Model A and will be in the Cherry Blossom Parade in Dc in 2 weeks. Several years ago several of the solders rode in our Model A’s. Home in time to watch Kansas take a nap.
Clem
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
GaryTx

Default Re: Cowtown

Clem, North Carolina got caught napping too.....Good for the little guys...
GaryTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
JM 35 Sedan

Dog gone Clem, as it turned out, I had to cancel out on this years Cowtown adventure. We volunteered to watch the grand kids last night and they got real upset when I mentioned getting up early Sunday morning and leaving them for the day with their grandmother. So I had to call Henry H. from RG36 and tell him not to stop for me at our designated meet place. Hopefully I'll get there next year.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
Ken Crans

Hey Clem, So you are a train guy eh? My Dad had the Lionel train set from Hell... The whole basement. Running 3 ZW Transformers. Had a whole wall of Locos on display.Thats something i'll never forget Ken
Ken Crans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Clem Clement

I have a few trians. I'm the past President of theTrain Collectors Association.
Clem
Old 03-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
Clem Clement

I forgot to memtion the nice pair of NOS wide bolt front brakes drums. $200 the pair
clem
Old 03-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
TomT/Williamsburg

Ha! I went right by where it was supposed to be on my way home from NYC but it was too late to get there by the time I was in the area. But, I did pick up two very nice 40 Ford p-up front fenders and inner fener panels from fellow 'Barner Wayne out of Tom's River, NJ - thank you, Wayne!
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
40LUV

Here's a picture of the '32 Pick Up

40LUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
FRANK PKNY

Clem wered ya leave all the wemons!!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
Clem Clement

I did forget the most important part of my report. How could I?

I saw a booth with Old Glory on a open box on a canvas ON THE GROUND. I checked from a distance and it sure looked like Her. I mentioned to a couple of guys nearby that I was displeased and one said, "Well it is in a box." My comment was "Not good enough for me with two tours in Vietnam and Cuba action." I asked for the owner and found him to be a 25ish yong man. I told him I hoped he did not mind that I was moving OLD Glory up to a table. I'm very pleased to report that he said he was sorry and please move the flag. He called me sir several times. He said something about it had been in his family. I was afraid to ask if it was a Service flag. My prime flag took the last blizzard hard. I'm OK as now I fly my late Mother's home flag which we used most of my life. It is a little stained but helps me remember.
Clem