Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-12-2019, 10:41 PM   #21
tomcarman

Default Re: Step x Step = Posting Pictures

I have pictures of this car from 1961. I'm unclear what's meant by your post. Ian32's gracious tutorial was about how to post pics from your phone to this site. I'm wondering just what other pics on my phone would have met your approval as I was atempting to learn this skill. I won't be posting again. I'm not the least bit interested in being denigrated when I'm learning some of this new technology.
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:50 PM   #22
tomcarman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1932 View Post
Tom, i take it this worked for you? I hope this post helped! surely there are tons of pictures that people would love to see, but dont get posted because they cant figure it out! Nice cars by the way!
Thank you Ian for your help. I have semi learned this skill. Unfortunately there are too many critics. I have followed your thread on the 32 roadtser which has been fascinating. I'll continue to follow but will no longer be posting any questions or comments on the Ford Barn. I should never have posted any pics of our 3 window as it doesn't meet the criteria of this forum. Yes the cars are fun. The 3 window has been in our family since 1961 and the 5 window since 1972.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:00 PM   #23
Ian1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarman View Post
Thank you Ian for your help. I have semi learned this skill. Unfortunately there are too many critics. I have followed your thread on the 32 roadtser which has been fascinating. I'll continue to follow but will no longer be posting any questions or comments on the Ford Barn. I should never have posted any pics of our 3 window as it doesn't meet the criteria of this forum. Yes the cars are fun. The 3 window has been in our family since 1961 and the 5 window since 1972.

Tom, i know people can act crappy...I think the comment came from someone that didnt like the blurry photo. Dont let it get to you. I have been there and its frustrating and i understand...My post was to try to help people experiment so they can share their photos but also share their ideas to help people like me with little knowledge. Without a doubt, i guarantee, everyone that saw your car while you were learning how to post a picture thinks its a great looking car and surley the comment wasnt to smash your car because it wasnt meeting the criteria...My car doesnt meet the criteria either...lol, we are the same!
Ian1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:32 PM   #24
Ol' Ron

My stupid factor is to high for this.
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:42 PM   #25
tomcarman

Thank you Ian for your reply. I didn't like the blurry photo either at all and it wasn't what I intended to attach. You work as well as me and some crazy travel I've read. Like you, I'm interested in honest forthright thought and opinion. Your post to help ignorants like me attach photos was most helpful as the result shows. I am a technology iliterate but hope to change that after I retire next year. To get responses about my single triumph posting pics to this website (post#14), (post#17), (post #19) just doesn't work for me.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:45 AM   #26
tubman

Tom, please reconsider your decision to discontinue posting. At least take a while to reconsider your decision. As soon as I saw the first critical post, I tried to call the guy out on it, as I think he missed the point completely. I know how difficult it can be to get pictures posted on here if you're not used to it; a couple will work fine, and then nothing goes in. I went through it myself.

As to the quality and subject of the photos, they are both fine for what you were doing. I think it would be a great loss if you quit the forum, especially with those cars and their family history. Again, please reconsider or at least sleep on it.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:10 AM   #27
mercman from oz

Nice 1932 Ford Five Window Coupe. While you are having fun, it seems that someone in the background is doing all the work chopping firewood?
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:14 PM   #28
TagMan

Not trying to hi-jack this tread, but thought I'd add the process I use from a PC. Hope this isn't take the wrong way.

I don’t like to do a lot of on my cell phone and would rather use my desk top PC, so I thought I’d add this to the mix for anyone who might like to use it.

Posting a picture from your PC

1- Take a picture with any “device” (camera, phone, etc.) and saved it to a folder on your PC

2- Open a free account with a photo hosting website. I prefer FLICKR, but there are numerous ones available – just google “photo sharing” to find others.

3- Assuming you’re using FLCKR, open it and open the folder containing the picture you want to post, simultaneously.

4-Placing the cursor pointer on the picture, left click & drag the picture from the folder to FLICKR and release.

5-A notice in the upper right-hand corner of the FLICKR screen will ask for you to “Refresh” – left click on ‘Refresh’ and the picture will appear.

6-Double left click on the picture on FLICKR and left click on “View on photo page” on the lower right-hand corner of the screen. (Note: you may have to enlarge the screen to view the arrow).

7- A new screen will appear – Left click on the arrow pointing to the right, at the lower right-hand corner of the page. (Note, for some reason, I had to do this twice when I just tried it).

8-That will take you to a screen titled “Sharing 1 photo to:”

9- in the boxon that screen, left click on “BBCode. There will be a lower, rectangular box with a drop down menu that you can choose the size of the pic that you want posted. I usually choose ‘medium (640x480). Left click on the size desired.

10-In the large rectangular box above the size box, will be the picture’s URL code. Left click on the URL code to highlight it, then right click on it and select “Copy” from the drop down menu.

11- Return to where you want to post the picture to, place the cursor where you want the picture to appear and left click to get to the drop down menu, then right click on “paste” – your picture should appear as code, so just click on “post” and the actual picture will appear on the post.

This seems like a lot of steps, but once you have done it, there are a couple of steps that will be automatic. The nice thing is that all the pictures you send to FLICKR are available in the folder on your PC, should FLICKR go away for any reason.

Last edited by TagMan; 12-13-2019 at 05:26 PM.
TagMan is offline   Reply With Quote