Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2018, 10:30 PM   #1
Marshall V. Daut

Default Another dumb 1937 Ford question...

'Sorry, Guys - 'Gotta ask one more probably stupid 1937 question, whose answer I can't seem to find in the 1937 Ford book or in the manual. It may be there, but then again, maybe it's TOO basic to have been addressed in print.
When you turn the lights on via the center hub, are the instrument panel lights supposed to also come on at the same time? I read in the 1937 book that that the one knob on the bottom left in the center of the dash controls whether they are on or not. It pulls in and out, but doing so makes no difference = in or out, no instrument panel lights. Is there some other place that turns on the instrument lights so that this on/off knob can come into play? Is there a brightness control once the instrument panel lights do come on? I suppose after 81 years, it's possible that all the bulbs are burned out in this car, but that's unlikely. I doubt that my 88 year-old owner-friend has driven the car in the dark since Eisenhower was the POTUS, so he may not know that the instrument panel lights do not come on. Is there a commonly-known cause for this no instrument panel light situation? What am I overlooking?
Thanks!
Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote