Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
BILL WILLIAMSON
Senior Member
 
BILL WILLIAMSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FRESNO, CA
Posts: 12,558
Default Completion excuses??

Yo' Barn Brothers,
I've run out of EXCUSES for NOT finishing "VERMIN"
My last one wuz, "I DON'T HAVE A DREMEL" The Dog sez, "Thet one duzn't HOLD WATER & you an IDIOT"
Can any of you supply me with sum BETTER EXCUSES?
Chief sed, "An EXCUSE, is the SKIN of a reason, stuffed with a LIE"---------------------Bill W.
__________________
"THE ASSISTANT GURU OF STUFF"
BILL WILLIAMSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
zzlegend
Senior Member
 
zzlegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Reseda, Calif.
Posts: 2,153
Default Re: Completion excuses??

How about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
tired
drunk
girlfriend
sore thumb
sore finger
fell down and cant get up?
tired,,,,,again.
locked the garage and cant find the key
I use some of these myself. Good luck Bill. You will geter done.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
wayne1953
Member
 
wayne1953's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Covington Georgia
Posts: 37
Default Re: Completion excuses??

ran out of money
not enough time
ran out of money
had to work late
ran out of money
light at end of tunnel burned out
wayne1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
d.j. moordigian
Senior Member
 
d.j. moordigian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fresno, Ca.
Posts: 3,580
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
Yo' Barn Brothers,
I've run out of EXCUSES for NOT finishing "VERMIN"
My last one wuz, "I DON'T HAVE A DREMEL" The Dog sez, "Thet one duzn't HOLD WATER & you an IDIOT"
Can any of you supply me with sum BETTER EXCUSES?
Chief sed, "An EXCUSE, is the SKIN of a reason, stuffed with a LIE"---------------------Bill W.
Bill,....I don't want to here it! The weather is great....open the
garage door and enjoy it! The car is close.....oil-up the braces
and work a couple of hours each day.

GET OFF YOUR ASS..........................................PAT WOULD BE HAPPY!
d.j. moordigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
H. L. Chauvin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,179
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Be your debonair self Bill & just tell the truth, i.e.:

"All white wall tires are presently out-of -stock & you would never fathom hitting the road with a set of new cheap black-wall tires."
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
BILL WILLIAMSON
Senior Member
 
BILL WILLIAMSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FRESNO, CA
Posts: 12,558
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1953 View Post
ran out of money
not enough time
ran out of money
had to work late
ran out of money
light at end of tunnel burned out
Dog here,
Y'all fergot, "OUT UF ANTI-PAIN PILLS"!
Buster T.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ANTI-PAIN PILLS.jpg (30.5 KB, 31 views)
__________________
"THE ASSISTANT GURU OF STUFF"
BILL WILLIAMSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #7
PC/SR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 1,168
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Can't find the tool, or, can't remember where I put it, usually works for me, and sometimes it is even true. That is why I have 2 of a lot of things.
PC/SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
Pepsi Mechanic
Senior Member
 
Pepsi Mechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London , Ontario , Canada
Posts: 229
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Have to watch the Beverley Hillbillies Marathon
Pepsi Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #9
modelAsteve
Senior Member
 
modelAsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Penn Valley (Nor-Cal) Ca
Posts: 128
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Got to watch the grand kids
modelAsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #10
BILL WILLIAMSON
Senior Member
 
BILL WILLIAMSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FRESNO, CA
Posts: 12,558
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. L. Chauvin View Post
Be your debonair self Bill & just tell the truth, i.e.:

"All white wall tires are presently out-of -stock & you would never fathom hitting the road with a set of new cheap black-wall tires."
H.L, I, the Dog's gotta' take up fer PATHETIC Ol' Bill on this un, He spent $776.00 BIG ONES fer sum COKER CLASSIC BLACKWALLS yes, BLACKWALLS! & he even scrounged up his own BLACK tubes, he luvs BLACK, we even got BLACK pillow cases & BLACK sheets-----BLACK towels & them RAGS ur NEXT!
Buster T.
__________________
"THE ASSISTANT GURU OF STUFF"

Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 01-20-2014 at 11:42 PM.
BILL WILLIAMSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #11
Dusty
Senior Member
 
Dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lincolnton, Georgia
Posts: 723
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Man I am so understanding this now, my winter goal was to install a 1939 tranny in my car and it took a lot to finally get started in January. Once I got rolling it was easier but the work load and money spent has expedited many times. Tranny has lead to cleaning and painting the entire underside. I'm now on the front brakes and with the help of Randy Gross the front will be done RIGHT with new everything. I going to reline the rear shoes as I have about run out of money to go any further I decided to drain and replace the antifreeze and to check all the wiring and encase it in conduit instead of just having it hang everywhere.

I ran out of excuses in November and December so I can't help you with that Bill but I do sympathize about the pain part. I'm hurting right now and thank God for
12 hour Aleve

Back to work in WV

dusty

Last edited by Dusty; 01-20-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #12
jr-41ford
Senior Member
 
jr-41ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pasco, Washington (USA)
Posts: 241
Default Re: Completion excuses??

My carpal tunnel in both hands prevent me from turning a wrench.

My carpal tunnel surgery in both hands was successful, but hands are not quite healed up.

True reasons for delaying the installation of the overdrive unit in my 28 Tudor.
jr-41ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #13
Greg Jones
Senior Member
 
Greg Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Posts: 592
Default Re: Completion excuses??

I ain't retired yet and my boss sends me all over the world. I sure miss my Model A....er, ah, I mean my wife when I am on those trips.
Greg Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #14
H. L. Chauvin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,179
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Bill,

What does Buster-T think about your doing everything in black?

If you ever get a notion to paint Buster-T black you better get some decoys & a duck call -- he may think he is a Labrador Retriever instead of a Rat Terrier.

But as a Retriever, the bonus is his maybe going out to retrieve the newspaper which could save you 5 minutes every morning -- 35 minutes a week, & 2 hours & 30 minutes a month.

Plus, you could try doubling his water ration & he could help water the lawn for you -- another extra 2 hours of Model A time per month.

I'm sure both of you can work it out -- never give up & always consider thinking on the positive side Bill.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:36 AM   #15
BILL WILLIAMSON
Senior Member
 
BILL WILLIAMSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FRESNO, CA
Posts: 12,558
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi Mechanic View Post
Have to watch the Beverley Hillbillies Marathon
Flustered Dog,
NAW! He watches Doc Martin on PBS & Cindy jist sent him ALL 6 seasons on DVD's + 2 uf Doc's movies, I wish he wuld git in GEAR & git us going, "maybe" he will after he gits his STITCHES out on Tuwedsday. "They" cut sum GUNGER out uf his SIDE face!! 9 days ago, I wuldn't have had it done on the 13TH, But he AIN'T STUPURSTITIOUS! or SCEARY
Buster T.
__________________
"THE ASSISTANT GURU OF STUFF"
BILL WILLIAMSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:50 AM   #16
BILL WILLIAMSON
Senior Member
 
BILL WILLIAMSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FRESNO, CA
Posts: 12,558
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. L. Chauvin View Post
Bill,

What does Buster-T think about your doing everything in black?

If you ever get a notion to paint Buster-T black you better get some decoys & a duck call -- he may think he is a Labrador Retriever instead of a Rat Terrier.

But as a Retriever, the bonus is his maybe going out to retrieve the newspaper which could save you 5 minutes every morning -- 35 minutes a week, & 2 hours & 30 minutes a month.

Plus, you could try doubling his water ration & he could help water the lawn for you -- another extra 2 hours of Model A time per month.

I'm sure both of you can work it out -- never give up & always consider thinking on the positive side Bill.
ME, BLACK Thet's "FUNNY", H.L, Ol' Bill luvs me MORE then his Model A's We got 2 fake ducks in the yard, but they don't FOOL me none BUT, if Ol' Bill had the$$$$$$$$$$$$'S, he'd paint Vermin ALL BLACK, like Minerva wuz! He's even got BLACK Raider's shorts & socks & BLACK-G-FORCE Racin' Shoes Buster T.
(OH! And Mitch//pa sent him & Gregg some uf his SPIFFY "T" shirts & even sweatshirts, 78 degrees today, too HOT fur the SWEATSHIRTS, right now!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VERMIN.jpg (93.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg MINERVA CC.jpg (97.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg MITCH T SHIRT.jpg (24.9 KB, 47 views)
__________________
"THE ASSISTANT GURU OF STUFF"

Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 01-21-2014 at 01:59 AM.
BILL WILLIAMSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #17
prpmmp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: west grove Pa.
Posts: 226
Default Re: Completion excuses??

I have a headache!!! That about covers it all!! Pete
prpmmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #18
Mitch//pa
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 11,454
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
ME, BLACK Thet's "FUNNY", H.L, Ol' Bill luvs me MORE then his Model A's We got 2 fake ducks in the yard, but they don't FOOL me none BUT, if Ol' Bill had the$$$$$$$$$$$$'S, he'd paint Vermin ALL BLACK, like Minerva wuz! He's even got BLACK Raider's shorts & socks & BLACK-G-FORCE Racin' Shoes Buster T.
(OH! And Mitch//pa sent him & Gregg some uf his SPIFFY "T" shirts & even sweatshirts, 78 degrees today, too HOT fur the SWEATSHIRTS, right now!)
put on that spiffy t-shirt if its to hot and get it DONE. those shirts have special motivating super powers so try it out...
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO





l
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #19
fiddlybits
Senior Member
 
fiddlybits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: N Illinois
Posts: 447
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Too busy playing MMO games.
fiddlybits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #20
d.j. moordigian
Senior Member
 
d.j. moordigian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fresno, Ca.
Posts: 3,580
Default Re: Completion excuses??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
Flustered Dog,
NAW! He watches Doc Martin on PBS & Cindy jist sent him ALL 6 seasons on DVD's + 2 uf Doc's movies, I wish he wuld git in GEAR & git us going, "maybe" he will after he gits his STITCHES out on Tuwedsday. "They" cut sum GUNGER out uf his SIDE face!! 9 days ago, I wuldn't have had it done on the 13TH, But he AIN'T STUPURSTITIOUS! or SCEARY
Buster T.
Your right on, "Doc Martin" is great stuff ! Try "Murdoch Mysteries",
also great stuff.....I think my Mom would have liked both.
d.j. moordigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.