Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #21

Default A bit of nostalgia........

I've been meaning to post this link for awhile, so here it is. It isn't necessarily Ford related, but I thought you might enjoy it, that is, if you're old enough! Click on the link below, relax for a couple of minutes, and take in what life was all about when I was young. It's all true - I was there! Dave Maher

<ul>[*]Memories[/list]

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #22

Default Re: A bit of nostalgia........

Where has the time gone??????????????

Was 15 and had a really nice 51 Chev Hardtop with &quot;three on the floor&quot;, dual exhaust and tripower under the hood.

Fastforward 45 years and still working with tripower, only on a flathead V8, go figure!

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #23

I friend of mine and I took my sisters little red wagon and went through the ditches (remember when it was OK to toss things out the window of a moving car?) along the highway and collected enough pop bottles to cash in at Safeway to go to the kids movies downtown on Saturday morning. It cost a whole 25 cents each to enter the theatre plus we had enough money left over for pop and candy.

I don't think it was the &quot;good old days&quot; as there were plenty of problems then too (remember the cold war, bomb shelters, bills to pay, race relations and so forth)

But it really was a simpler life. More clear cut issues.

There seemed to be a right and wrong. (My father was right I was wrong even if I did not always agree.)

My father would tell my sister and me &quot;turn off that *&amp;%$#(*! TV and get outside and play. Today it seems to be &quot;turn on that TV and leave me alone.

Today the issues are kind of a muddy grey and right and wrong depends on so many factors it is usually unclear what is really going on.

It is just my view anyway.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:00 AM   #24

Want my addy???? I need some!!!They only unbuckle the straps here for an hour a day.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:05 AM   #25

Default Re: A bit of nostalgia........gra. N/Z

His Name is GEORGE MITCHEL thats where he gets the GM from. too bad his parents didn't name him FIX OR REPAIR DAILY. THEN HE COULD BE SIGNING F.O.R.D. lol

Old 03-27-2005, 02:37 AM   #26

Dave that was great, rushing to get through supper evey night so we could head to Richards Drive In, and maybe get in a good run or two on Western Ave, was also a part of our growing up in Mass.

Old 03-27-2005, 03:41 AM   #27

Mom drove a 37 Ford coupe to work every day, we had a maid come in once a week to clean house, I learned to drive in a 55 Buick Century.

Old 03-27-2005, 04:20 AM   #28

Dave, thanks for the look back in time. Brings back a lot of memories!

Old 03-27-2005, 04:56 AM   #29

You wouldn't be talking about Western Ave. in Lynn, would you? That nearly mile-long, straight, uninhabited road, with one Christmas tree, er, I mean stop light, at the far end. Perfect for a drag racing, after working on our cars all night, and visiting the Adventure Car Hop for a midnite meal! I should say that I never participated, but then I'd be a liar! BTW, I was a member of the &quot;Stockers&quot; hot rod club! Any of you former members here? Dave Maher

<ul>[*]Precision Coachworks[/list]

Old 03-27-2005, 07:28 AM   #30

Dave, you mean the Lynnway, we used to run there when we would go to the Adventure Drive In, in Saugus, or after Kelleys roast beef at Revere.the Western Ave i had meant was in Allston, near Richards Drive In in Cambridge.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:42 AM   #31

Hey Ken.. You know I sign under each post as &quot;GB&quot; (Graeme BURR). I have to confess my middle name is Maxwell, so the laugh could as easily be on me!! ( you have be able to laugh at ones self if you are going to put the Sh*t into others ).

GB

Old 03-27-2005, 07:51 AM   #32

seem like a lot of you guys are from Ma. me too Fall River,Ma. here till in my early 20's transplanted to ct. in the early 60's.ken ct.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:56 AM   #33

no problem got a lol from that post . didn't know if you knew it was geo. mitchel. hes a wealth of info.an a real helpful one at that. ken ct. USA

Old 03-27-2005, 09:02 AM   #34

I still have my Red Ryder copper banded b-b gun my dad bought for me in 1941, and no i didn't shoot my eye out &lt;s&gt;

Old 03-27-2005, 09:44 AM   #35

Ken the amazing thing is that although you have never met the various &quot;posters&quot;in person on this site, you feel you know them after a while. Like you say GM is a wealth of info and you can tell.

GB

Old 03-27-2005, 09:48 AM   #36

well my name is steven howard ivan thompson....i guess i shouldn,t sign on using my initials..ha ha..

Old 03-27-2005, 01:53 PM   #37

oh ive been to GM's place in Punta Gorda,F&lt; a few times. i know him personally. and Shelly &amp; Pete

Old 03-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #38

oh ive been to GM's place in Punta Gorda,F&lt; a few times. i know him personally. and Shelly &amp; Pete ken ct.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #39

i would'nt if i were you. model A lady would probebly bleep you ha-ha. ken ct.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #40

wish i still had mine. ken ct.