Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2020, 05:42 PM   #1
GaryU.

Default Clayborne engine overhaul stand attachments maybe available?? A SORTA UPDATE?

A few weeks ago I bought an incomplete Clayborne stand in Illinois that was offered on C-list. The stand was originally equipped with attachments that were not for a Flathead V-8 so those mounts were cut off and new ones made to use on a Flathead sideways using the exhaust ports exactly 90 degrees from the intended axis and were very homemade. I've gotten rid of those pieces and will be taking my stand and a block to a Machine and Welding Company nearby on Monday to have proper attachments made(I hope). After a phone conversation and e-mail with pictures they think could make everything including the ring at the front on the stand. I'm posting this for those that are looking for those attachments. I'm lucky that the ring I have will probably be used with new mounts welded on it but seeing as they will have everything there at once and others have been looking for these mounts I thought I should post this if anyone is interested in a possible replacement for mounts that are few and far between. Send a PM or E-mail and hopefully next week I'll have have more news to share. With a couple pics of mine I've included some extras that were posted on the Jalopy Journal on how to build your own stand from Car Craft magazine Feb. 1954

Last edited by GaryU.; 12-06-2020 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Update??
GaryU. is offline   Reply With Quote