Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-09-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
JustPlainBill0

Default 1930 Model A Murray 3 window Fordor body

City: Carson City
State: NV
Price: 4450

All completely original steel 1930 three window Fordor sedan, Murray, Type 165-C body with doors, fenders, running boards, splash aprons, hood, grill shell & radiator, bumpers and most other sheet metal parts. There is some light surface rust on most sheet metal, but no cancer/rust. The body is lightly dented in the right rear (caused when moved during storage). The body is missing drip rails and one window garnish. Except for having been painted with house paint, the fenders and other sheet metal parts are in excellent physical and cosmetic condition. The offer includes original hardware removed and stored when the car was dismantled for restoration in the late 1970's (I bought the project to do a street rod in 1996). Usable glass, interior parts (seats, door panels, upholstery, headliner) and roof covering are all gone. The wood is in fair to poor condition. I think some pieces are missing, I repaired a main floor spar on the driver's side. The chassis (partly shown in one photo) is NOT included with the body.

I have more photos than space available here and posted a short (3 min.) streaming video inventory showing the body and all the parts on YouTube: https://youtu.be/PTuaHHEkDGs and have two other detailed (boring?) videos on the body and sheet metal on my YouTube channel (JustPlainBill0). I'm happy to answer questions and/or provide more photos but understand that my interest in the car has always been as a street rod, not a restoration project and consequently I'm not good at Model A minutia.

On-site inspection before purchase is encouraged. I'm retired and usually available for that purpose. Carson City Nevada is near Reno and Lake Tahoe and about 140 miles east of Sacramento CA. The Murray body is on a bed frame with rollers and can be easily moved. I have a skid steer with pallet forks and can assist loading it on your trailer. Bring help to load the other parts.

The price is negotiable; I want it gone before I am. Email, or contact me by phone (775) 883-8329. Because of all the scammers, we don't answer calls from unknown caller ID's, so please leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shared Pictures 1344 caption.jpg (91.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg BRIGGS BODY 165D (1).jpg (74.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg BRIGGS BODY 165D (2).jpg (94.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg BRIGGS BODY 165D (5).jpg (92.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8983.jpg (47.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1516-caption.jpg (72.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8872-caption.jpg (53.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8985-caption.jpg (68.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8992.jpg (75.4 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by JustPlainBill0; 03-12-2020 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Price drop and fixed rust statement (there is no cancer).
JustPlainBill0 is offline   Reply With Quote