Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-24-2018, 09:33 AM   #21
1942deluxe

Default Re: Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum

Sent a check in the mail. Really hope to get out there next year!
1942deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #22
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1942deluxe View Post
Sent a check in the mail. Really hope to get out there next year!
Maybe you would also want to consider attending the EFV-8 Club's 2019 Central National Meet in Auburn, Indiana. I believe the show field will be setup on the Museum property.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:02 AM   #23
1942deluxe

I saw that ,JM. Also have a friend that lives in Fort Wayne that I went thru basic training and tech school with. Would be nice to see him too. Running the dealership is like having cows but I'm working on being a little less valuable, ha!
1942deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:22 AM   #24
rockfla

At this point, the V8 Foundation Museum and whoever is in charge (mainly the social media/media guy) need to think real hard about his actions and attitude....My situation....A year or so ago (On Facebook) the foundation museum posted a picture of our car to which I posted under it "Hey we have car exactly like it!" at which point I was labeled "sarcastic" and subsequent correspondence with said person all but called me a smart ass, the Facebook post pulled and I am banned from the foundation page and or receiving FB post. Not sure IF that is what the Museum, members or club want as its representation BUT for now, my money is staying in my pocket..... OR AM I looking at this wrong????
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:11 AM   #25
Frank Miller

Hmmmm? Everyone at the foundation knows I'm a smart ass but they still keep me around.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #26
JM 35 Sedan

Get your tickets before they are all gone.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 07-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #27
TJ

Just mailed off a check for a memorial brick and two F-150 tickets. Odds are great on the pickup. You can't win if you don't play!
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:14 AM   #28
Cecil/WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
At this point, the V8 Foundation Museum and whoever is in charge (mainly the social media/media guy) need to think real hard about his actions and attitude....My situation....A year or so ago (On Facebook) the foundation museum posted a picture of our car to which I posted under it "Hey we have car exactly like it!" at which point I was labeled "sarcastic" and subsequent correspondence with said person all but called me a smart ass, the Facebook post pulled and I am banned from the foundation page and or receiving FB post. Not sure IF that is what the Museum, members or club want as its representation BUT for now, my money is staying in my pocket..... OR AM I looking at this wrong????

Yes, I think you might be looking at it wrong. I have no ides who said or what was said, but I know from experience that words written down can not always give the intent meant by the writer. When a person reads something, they insert their own tone to the message, whether intentional or not.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #29
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil/WV View Post
Yes, I think you might be looking at it wrong. I have no ides who said or what was said, but I know from experience that words written down can not always give the intent meant by the writer. When a person reads something, they insert their own tone to the message, whether intentional or not.
And "should" be a two way street. The "first" action taken was "all" by the foundation personnel which was a "perceived" sarcastic email and "blocking" my access to the page!!!!! I had NO issue until "after" the above actions!! Again just my .02 worth. And again at this point I still find it hard to want to support the Foundation......they need me.....I don't need them!!!! And I feel that this incident didn't portray that attitude.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #30
TJ

Rockfla, I agree with Cecil that the written word can be misinterpreted on both sides. The only real way to clear the air is a personal conversation by phone or face to face. It's amazing how a simple phone call can change an entire situation. Social media is misinterpreted all the time and in today's era of hypersensitivity it has become even worse. Make a phone call and talk with the person that you feel was unfriendly to you. Start by explaining that you are unsure what you said that caused the problem, but you would like to clear the air and resolve the issue. Be a good listener and I think you'll be back on good terms and feel good that you made the call.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #31
Cecil/WV

Well said, Tom!
Old 08-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #32
JM 35 Sedan

Good thoughts to ponder from TJ and Cecil. I know most everyone associated with the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum, and none of these folks fit the description of someone you described. Also, one persons actions would not keep me from supporting an overall good cause that I believe in.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #33
Cecil/WV

Thanks, John.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #34
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Good thoughts to ponder from TJ and Cecil. I know most everyone associated with the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum, and none of these folks fit the description of someone you described. Also, one persons actions would not keep me from supporting an overall good cause that I believe in.
Amen to that John. The Foundation is the legacy of every V-8er who believes in it. It's what we will leave for future generations to see and enjoy and hopefully some will pick up the baton and carry on with the love of old V-8 Fords. I'm excited to see the progress that has been made in the last 15 years on this museum. It has been done with the hard work of volunteers.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:06 PM   #35
VeryTangled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
Not sure IF that is what the Museum, members or club want as its representation...
Hi Everyone. rockfla, I'm no official representative of the Foundation, but I am a life member. {Edit, and you can see by my signature, how I feel about them} If it helps any, I'll say I'm sorry for the way you are feeling about what happened. Think about giving them another chance.

If you like, I'll pay for your first year membership. It's something I've done for a few folks. Just PM me with your mailing address and I'll get you signed up.

The people associated with this effort are some of the people I respect the most in this world. Any chance I get, Auburn IN, is on my list of go-to places!

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 08-09-2018 at 08:12 PM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #36
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hi Everyone. rockfla, I'm no official representative of the Foundation, but I am a life member. {Edit, and you can see by my signature, how I feel about them} If it helps any, I'll say I'm sorry for the way you are feeling about what happened. Think about giving them another chance.

If you like, I'll pay for your first year membership. It's something I've done for a few folks. Just PM me with your mailing address and I'll get you signed up.

The people associated with this effort are some of the people I respect the most in this world. Any chance I get, Auburn IN, is on my list of go-to places!
I "was" a member for a couple of years at the very start.....AND I am beyond flattered at your offer to pay my membership for a year BUT I guess this is my point.
I am A) What the club (and the Foundation) need, I am a young member, 53yrs old, and I have been "involved" with V8's (literally) all my life (my dad bought our 37 Woody 52-1/2 years ago & been a EFV8 club member continuously since 1967 ). I fully support the whole concept of the Foundation & Museum and cannot think of any better way of continuing the V8 Ford Legacy....BUT.....2) I am "locked" out of participating (at least on social media) and as I have said before (and been noted previously (at yes it's a two way street) BUT I am a business man and at its simplest form, I am a "customer" (potential donator, potential member) and as I have stated, I don't need the Foundation to still enjoy the hobby/cars etc etc (yes it would be wonderful to have that resource continuing the hobby/club) the Foundation "needs" all the support (both financial & donations) it can get and as the founder of my company always said to us "The customer may "not" always be right, BUT he is the customer!!" SO as I have stated, I had 'NO" issue/problem till "I" was "band" from participation from the Foundation Page, not at my behest, and told "I" was "sarcastic"....and yes, I can/could make "a call" and "be the bigger" person and maybe at some point I will, at this point the taste left in my mouth is still bitter (as the "drastic steps were taken by the Foundation (or representative of) not by me. I appreciate the the input of Cecil, TJ you and other and I have taken the "advice" to heart and am pondering that advice and "hopefully" it will cleanse the bitter taste soon!!!!!
Old 08-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #37
sanford

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to suggest that we get back to the purpose of these Forums, which is to exchange ideas on keeping our beloved Fords alive and well! Let bygones be bygones and let's get on with the business of solving problems. VEHICLE problems - not problems with other people or organizations. TJ's advice is spot on. No need to air our dirty laundry in front of others who probably could care less. Let's not turn people off; let's try to help them fix their Fords!
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #38
Cecil/WV

There are tickets still available! Call Josh @ 260 667 3775 today!!
Old 11-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #39
VeryTangled

The raffle is over... This is clipped from their website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (50.0 KB, 18 views)

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #40
trulyvintage

Lightbulb Re: Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum

I am a dues paying member of the EFV-8 Club which is not the same as the museum.

I have spoken with Josh ( the Curator ) of the EFV-8 Museum in Auburn, IN
many times on several matters - I like him.’

Jim
trulyvintage is offline   Reply With Quote