Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
rosenkranswa

Default '42 at a Local Show Sunday

I put together a little display I call "America Enters the War Years - 1942/43" which I took to a local car show Sunday. Display included our '42 Ford Super Deluxe Tudor Sedan, '42 Willys MB, '43 Willys MBT trailer, '43 John Brown Hand Cart, and two bikes. I'd made up a poster which described what was happening at that time, Costs of living, Movies, etc. and a capsule description of each vehicle which we had on an easel. It was hot, so I wore an OD teashirt, HBT pants, and service shoes with an HBT cap. The weather was good most of the day and we got there a little early to set up.

They put us right in front with plenty of space. I drove the Sedan over, my daughter drove the MB and MBT, and my wife brought our pickup with the smaller items in the bed. We were set up in 20min. and settled in for the duration (actually, I settled in - wife and daughter went to church and came back after lunch). With the exception of a very nice '31 Model A Cabriolet and a '60 Fiat 600, all the other cars at the show were rods or modifieds, so we felt a little out of place. But there were lots of folks coming by with questions all day. Some had never seen a wartime Jeep before, nobody knew what the handcart was, few knew they stopped making cars during the war years. One older couple hung around the display for at least 45min. The two rodders who they parked next to us were clearly annoyed we were getting all the attention, and kept to themselves. The local politicos came by and had their picture taken with the Jeep, one of the middle school teachers made copious notes from the poster, and I ended up spending at least 15min with a little guy explaining what each of the tools in the toolkit were for. I don't think he'd ever seen a wrench before - amazing.

Awards were given out at the end, just as the rainclouds were gathering. Much to my surprise, we received the Township Supervisors award for Best of Show! All in all, a very good day, except for the drive home in the rain.

'19 T Speedster
'26 T Touring
'29 A Roadster
'30 AA Stakebed
'30 A Pickup
'30 A Town Sedan
'31 A Station Wagon
'38 Columbia Girls bike (WWII)
'40 Elgin Boys bike (WWII)
'42 Super Deluxe Tudor
'42 Willys MB Jeep
'43 Willys MBT Trailer
'43 M3A4 Hand Cart
'43 Harley Davidson 42WLA with sidecar
rosenkranswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Mike in AZ

Default Re: '42 at a Local Show Sunday

very cool.....got any pictures to share??....love those old vehicles!!!!....Mike
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
rosenkranswa

Default Re: '42 at a Local Show Sunday

Hadn't posted a picture in a while, had to remember how to do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (77.9 KB, 45 views)

'19 T Speedster
'26 T Touring
'29 A Roadster
'30 AA Stakebed
'30 A Pickup
'30 A Town Sedan
'31 A Station Wagon
'38 Columbia Girls bike (WWII)
'40 Elgin Boys bike (WWII)
'42 Super Deluxe Tudor
'42 Willys MB Jeep
'43 Willys MBT Trailer