Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Re: Bought my 2nd Ford!

I own an original unrestored '49 F3 stake bed PU. Unfortunately, it's a 6 cylinder and not a V8. No website but I could send a digital picture or two if you would care to see something on my truck. Regards, John

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

some of the best places for parts are Dennis Carpenter, LMC truck,and Scramento vintage Ford. for truck parts. But most vintage ford parts suppliers have parts for the trucks. As far as web sites for trucks try WWW.bonusbuilt.com, and www.ford-trucks.com/forums/ and http://www.48f-1.com/

There are a lot of suppliers and depending on what part you need. Hope this gets you started. 52 F-1 ( Fat and Flat )

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

The best F-1 site is bonusbuilt.com. There is a huge amount of knowledge there.

I bought most of my parts from Mac's. They have Carpenter's parts for less than Carpenter. I did have to buy some directly from Carpenter because Mac didn't have it, and wasn't going to get it. Bob Selzam is the best source for NOS original parts.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

Try www.mackhils.com for bed parts. They MAKE them all. I think I got the address right. The are very nice to deal with. The LADY I dealt with was very pleasant, patient, and more knowledgable than me! Happy trucking, Al

See link for my 40 pkp.

<ul>[*]Al's 40 pickup web page[/list]

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

Hot Rods Classic Truck Parts

1 800 236 0046

John's F-Fun hundreds

1 714 563 F100

Northern Classic Trucks

1 586 254 2835

Congratulations and have fun with your truck!

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #6

I finished a 49 F-1 4 years ago. It is a red 6 cylinder, really great looker. I went to F100 Nationals (middle of May) at Pigeon Forge TN and found parts there, as well as Carpenter, Midwest Early Ford in Springfield OH, and Bob Selzam (Half Ton Fun) in Toms River? NJ. I have many pictures, and will be glad to help. My biggest mistake was fiberglass fenders.

Old 03-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #7

Default Bought my 2nd Ford!

Well I am offically hooked (well really I was from day one) because I just bought my 2nd Ford, a 49 F1 Truck as well as my 48 coupe! What companies are the best at carrying parts for it? I am going to sit down and start going through all the catalogs I have but any leads would be appreciated as well as links to anyones website who has a Ford truck, I would love to see it!

Old 03-26-2005, 10:33 PM   #8

Thanks for the companies; many were unfamilier to me. I figure since I am starting this passion early (in my mid twenties) I should be knowledable enough to give advice instead of asking. Thanks guys!

Old 03-27-2005, 02:54 AM   #9

I just reworked my 50 F1. Most of the parts I got from Macks. They don't have everything but most places don't so you have to shop around some for parts.

Also it is easy to loose track of what you ordered and wind up with something you don't need. Make sure that where you order from has a return policy, some don't have one, You bought it you got it. MR Gasket comes to mind here. There is no return on anything I found out after buying some hub caps that did not fit.

Newton