Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-08-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
corndog

Default 1930 Ford Model A coupe, nice body

City: Granger
State: IN
Price: SOLD

SOLD SOLD I have only owned this car for a short time. I bought it off FB Marketplace in Peoria, Illinois. I bought it thinking it would fire up my dormant participation with old cars, but it has not and I realize that now so I am going to try to move it to a Ford Barn member.
The coupe is a solid original car that has been repainted at least twice. When I got it it had been sitting in a barn since 1996. The mice had been living in the car and ruined the interior. I removed the entire interior-fabric and the rodent nests to to get rid of the smell. It is vastly improved now AND you can inspect the body everywhere inside and outside. The only other thing I did to the car was to clean out the original gas tank so that I could try to start the engine. I did buy a new battery and new spark plugs and the engine is cranking but I have no spark. I have no spark because I have no ignition key. I have ordered a new ignition switch from Macs as you cannot hot wire a Model A that still has the pop-out cable to the distributor. I am real sure this original engine will run. Also, the engine number matches the VIN on the title. I have the correct Illinois title for the car.
The car is super solid everywhere with the worst rust being in the floor panel in front of the rumble seat riser. The doors have no rust or weld-in panels and they close and open like new. All the glass has been updated and the windows have newer channel and roll up and down easily. The trunk lid is in great shape with no rust. The top treatment is real nice as is the original wood underneath. It has the original seat and seat riser and adjuster. Windshield is great and does swing out easily. All interior garnish are in the car. All exterior and interior handles appear to me to be old repro. Excellent original grill shell and radiator. Headlights and tail lights are also original. I dont know if the radiator holds water because I have never tried it yet. Fenders front and rear are steel and are in nice condition, not prefect. Underside is all original including original shocks. Wheels all look real decent condition with old painted hubcaps. Tires had been replaced years ago so they have good tread but are weather checked and cracked from sitting. Bumper are there but were painted white at some point in the past. The car rolls and steers easily for loading. In my opinion the worst thing about the car is the paint.
Pictures should tell you a lot about the car but PM me if you have questions. I am just trying to get my money back on this car so I think my price is a good price given the condition of the car plus having it be so complete with the correct title. The car is located in northern Indiana about 90 miles from Chicago. PM me here on the Ford Barn with questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1930 A coupe.jpg (32.4 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg A coming out of the shed.jpg (31.7 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg A hood.jpg (21.1 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg A engine.jpg (29.1 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg A interior shot.jpg (22.6 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg deck lid.jpg (12.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg trunk floor.jpg (18.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg drivers cowl.jpg (23.0 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg passenger cowl.jpg (23.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg drivers side rear.jpg (26.8 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg passenger rear.jpg (28.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg fuel tank clean out.jpg (22.7 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg seat pan.jpg (23.4 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by corndog; 06-15-2020 at 10:35 AM.
corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:17 AM   #2
corndog

Default Re: 1930 Ford Model A coupe, nice body

this car needs a new home
Old 06-15-2020, 07:42 AM   #3
corndog

Default Re: 1930 Ford Model A coupe, nice body

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
bump