Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
daveymc29

Default Door window replacement on coupe

Was down to my favorite glass shop getting a new glass for the roll up rear in the coupe and a side window behind the driver. We did the flame test and the double reflection was on every window. I know the back roll up was single thickness and so was one side window so we took the other side out and pealed off the rubber. Single thickness, just plate glass. Went to the passenger door and looked at it from above, no tell-tail line so we did the clink test and the flame, double image.
So now I am going to replace the door glass and need your assistance in how to remove it safely? I know I could shatter it and clean up the broken bits but I'd like to use it for a pattern, besides I always end up bleeding if I break glass, even when done on purpose and carefully. So how do you remove door glass on a coupe? The bar in the middle of the door is riveted in place on both top and bottom. As always, thanks in advance for you replies.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
BILL WILLIAMSON

Default Re: Door window replacement on coupe

Dave,
Isn't there a removable plate on the top of the door, to let it come out the top???
Bill W.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
daveymc29

Default Re: Door window replacement on coupe

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Found my answer on page 1-364 of Les Andrews book. Sorry to have bothered you all. Bill it's out and awaiting my return to my glass friend. Thanks. I looked on the top, but missed the three screws so thought it was different. Same as last time I did one.CRS set in I think. Now I have to deal with a broken screw. Rusted in so tight that when I hefted on with my screwdriver half the head broke of. Tomorrows project. Night, night
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote