Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2019, 10:15 AM   #11
29Cabriolet

Default Re: What strange comments or questions have you heard about your Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboggess View Post
Sitting at a red light next to this pick up truck, he rolls down his window and asks is that a joke.. then he drove off.

Another time i was on a tour, a few of us were on the side of the road helping a fellow with his car, while helping a newer car pulled up but didnt pull over and the guy rudely said our cars shouldnt be on the road if our old cars break down all the time.. The one guy in our group started to tell him off, but the guy sped off. Rude people out there.
Not a comment or question about my car, but another instance of how rude people can be.
Last summer while out cruising around my U-joint disintegrated leaving me stranded on a curvy back road. The car came to rest just around a blind corner. Although I was off the road as much as the shoulder allowed it was visible to drivers coming around the corner. While waiting for my rescue, luckily a good samaritan happened along and offered the use of his orange triangular traffic warning signs. I set one on the very edge of the road around the corner to alert drivers of the road hazard ahead. Within 15 minutes I heard a collision of sorts around the corner. When I investigated I met up with a young out-of-state driver who had run over the orange triangle. He proceeded to yell and curse at me for leaving obstacles in the road where some one could have an accident! He then sped off burning his tires and nearly losing control of his car on the narrow road. I replaced the 3 borrowed signs with a brand new set and kept the remaining two which I now keep in the car.
29Cabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote