Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Mary Tribbett

Default 1930 CCPU seats

We have been reading the '29 Roadster pickup thread with interest since we also have problems with our pickup seats, although we have a '30 closed cab. Could someone give us correct seat and seat back dimensions of the cushions and the correct way to install the back cushion? We're pretty sure ours are not original and possibly incorrect since the seat back falls short of the wooden rail by about 1 inch when sitting on top of the seat cushion and measures 1foot 5.5 inches tall. There are two seat backrest clips on the outside wooden slats behind the back cushion. We'd like to have the back cushion be held firmly in place instead of wobbling forward and back as it does now. It's obviously gone through many changes in it's life and we're not trying to make it ready for judging, just more comfortable and safe to drive. Thanks in advance for any help.
Mary and Ron Tribbett
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-02-18_10-27-23_941 (2).jpg (28.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-02-18_10-28-17_813.jpg (35.2 KB, 63 views)
Mary Tribbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
rickmass

Default Re: 1930 CCPU seats

Hi Mary and Ron welcome abroad.Rickmass
rickmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Herb Concord Ca

Hi Mary, welcome to fordbarn.
On my '31CCPU, my seat back has 2 brackets with a dog leg that allow the seat back to be slightly behing the upper wood cross bar bolted to the sheetmetal. The brackets are screwed into the wood crossbar. This holds the top of the seat cushion in place.
I don't have the lower pointy brackets like in your picture, in fact I don't have any lower brackets. The lower seat back is held in place by the seat cushion.
I added a piece of wood furing (SP?) strip to give a slight tilt to the seat back rather than being striaght, this feels better for me than being vertical.
Don't know if this is correct but it's the way my seat was installed when I got my truck in 1992.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
herb neumann
Diablo A's
Herb Concord Ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Mary Tribbett

Thanks Herb,
We'll also use a bit of board behind the back cushion to bring it out a bit and raise the back of the seat to wedge the cushion into the back "rail". We're pretty sure out cushions are not correct, but they'll do fine for as much as we'll drive this one.
And thanks to Dick for the PM.
Mary
Mary Tribbett is offline   Reply With Quote