Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-22-2018, 11:33 PM   #81
SETHDOUG

Default Re: ~~DirtyDan's 1936 Ford Coupe Project - Build Pictures~~

HEY DAN I HAVE A 35 CABRIOLET ALMOST A TWIN TO YOURS ,,, I HAVE A 59ab 48 MERC IN MINE AND WANT TO ASK A QUESTION OF YOU AND ANY PERSONS ON THIS FORUM MAYBE CAN HELP ME .. I WANT TO REPLACE MY FLATHEAD WITH A 5.0 FORD CRATE MOTOR AND A FORD AOD AUTOMATIC TRANS WITH AN 8 IN FORD REAR .. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH PROBLEMS I MAY BE HEADED FOR , LIKE WILL I HAVE TO CUT THE FIREWALL OR WILL I BE CUTTING ANY CROSS MEMBERS TO MAKE THE FORD 302 FIT ??? THANKS
[email protected]
SETHDOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:35 PM   #82
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wilson View Post
" too Hotrod for the Barn but too stock for the HAMB"

I like it already!

Think this might be the best thing said or I've heard in a long time.

Although I might not totally agree with the t5 and open drive. I get it. It's a decent car.

Question: it was a hot 50s show ticket to put a 3 on the tree in a 36-40. Also could be done with a 50s 3tree over drive. Anyone seen one done?

Enjoyed the progress of this 36 car!

Last edited by Tinker; 12-23-2018 at 01:56 AM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 12-23-2018, 12:33 AM   #83
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETHDOUG View Post
HEY DAN I HAVE A 35 CABRIOLET ALMOST A TWIN TO YOURS ,,, I HAVE A 59ab 48 MERC IN MINE AND WANT TO ASK A QUESTION OF YOU AND ANY PERSONS ON THIS FORUM MAYBE CAN HELP ME .. I WANT TO REPLACE MY FLATHEAD WITH A 5.0 FORD CRATE MOTOR AND A FORD AOD AUTOMATIC TRANS WITH AN 8 IN FORD REAR .. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH PROBLEMS I MAY BE HEADED FOR , LIKE WILL I HAVE TO CUT THE FIREWALL OR WILL I BE CUTTING ANY CROSS MEMBERS TO MAKE THE FORD 302 FIT ??? THANKS
[email protected]
Not really the forum for this type of modification. The firewall will most likely require modification. An AOD is a large transmission and requires major modifications to the frame in addition to removal of the center section. I have an early Ford with a 302/AOD setup, but that it is a Street Rod, it required a LOT of frame and floorboard modification!!
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:01 AM   #84
Tinker

or not really at all...
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #85
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETHDOUG View Post
[email protected]
Just a thought that you may not appreciate hearing,.....but why not think about buying a car that's already built like you want, and sell your 35 Cabriolet to someone who would appreciate having a more original car. Seems like so many nice original early Fords get chopped up, and painted some Jelly Bean color, then wind up as non sellers on eBay and Craigslist. JMHO, and my apologies if this offends you or others who post here.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote