Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
chrs1961815

Default 28 roadster side curtain questions

I recently bought a 28 roadster and it came with an original pair of side curtain rods. I am looking for information on how they fit in to the door and the material (fabric right?) That went over them. I know they were marketed as being used for when it was cold or raining (ok should you really be driving a convertible in the rain?). My main thought here is do they make reproduction curtains? Is it possible to find any kind of curtains anymore?
chrs1961815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #2
Ted Duke

Default Re: 28 roadster side curtain questions

I would recommend Mike @CLASSTIQUE UPHOLSTERY

https://www.classtiqueupholstery.com/

I got my seat covers and interior from him and will order my 1929 Rdstr PU top soon.

Ted
Ted Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:48 PM   #3
28Ca8149

I bought my 28 CVT from the original owner .he was the Ford mechanic at the First Ford dealer in northern Alberta .it has the original side curtanes and also a home made pair that uses screen for the summer I also have the motor cover for winter use I have the South wind gas heater for it ,he took it out because it burnt more gasoline then the car did . Sill all orignal I could send you a picture if you like
28Ca8149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:55 PM   #4
28Ca8149

I bought my 28 CVT from the original owner .he was the Ford mechanic at the First Ford dealer in northern Alberta .it has the original side curtanes and also a home made pair that uses screen for the summer I also have the motor cover for winter use I have the South wind gas heater for it ,he took it out because it burnt more gasoline then the car did . Sill all orignal I could send you a picture if you like
28Ca8149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:21 AM   #5
chrs1961815

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Ca8149 View Post
I would love to see a picture of them. That is the first time I have heard about somebody having the original ones. I would say they make your car more unique and valuable. Fabric isn't ment to last that long!
chrs1961815 is offline   Reply With Quote