Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
glenn in camino

Default Marc/mafca

If a Model A club becomes a MARC/MAFCA club does every member have to pay dues to both national clubs?
glenn in camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Marc/mafca

Good question Glenn but I think so since there is not "combination" of rules, regulations and guidelines set forth to do so that I know of.

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
tamagrouchy

I know for MARC, to belong to a Region you have to first / also belong to the National club. I would imagine to have a local club part of both, you would need to belong to both National clubs.

Last edited by tamagrouchy; 06-08-2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: added text
tamagrouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Ron/IA

I too think that is a good question. I know there are local clubs affiliated with both nationals (MARC & MAFCA) that have members who are not, or only belong to one.

In our area there is an A club (affiliated with both nationals), an AACA club, and these local clubs have "cross-over" members. Some belong to MARC/MAFCA and the local A club, but also belong to the local AACA club but not the national; and vice-a-versa (I hope that makes sense).

I would have to dig into the by-laws/rules, but I would tend to agree with Steve that there is not that necessary "combination" between the two. So maybe you do "have to", but I have no proof it is manditory. (I myself belong to both.)

Maybe someone on one of the national boards could elaborate???

Hawk A Model A Ford Club
http://hawkamodelaclub.org/
Ron/IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Jerry Parr WI

Both clubs require membership in the national club to belong to a local. Some clubs enforce the rules some do not. FWIW both clubs have liability insurance policies that require membership for coverage at club events.
Jerry Parr WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
Tacoma Bob

Yup yagotsta pay both pipers. That's why I dropped MARC. It was getting a bit redundant for me anyway as far as all the stories about the restorations. Frankly It's high time these power elite egomaniacs come to their senses and merge (meaning both clubs.)
Tacoma Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Steve Ciccalone

I don't know why a Model A guy wouldn't want to be in both clubs. The magazines are worth the dues. As far as merging I doubt it. There are still some deep seated opinions that go back to Bill Hall and Red Grow. I was "raised" in MARC and CMARC (Connecticut) and there were founding MARC members in the local club at the time. MAFCA and the West Coast guys were not taken as a serious group until a dedicated group of CA guys started churning out the Henry's from the early 90's forward.

MARC-37 year member MAFCA-36 year member
Old 06-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
Tom Sieffert

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn in camino View Post
If a Model A club becomes a MARC/MAFCA club does every member have to pay dues to both national clubs?
@ Glenn: To answer your original question, every member of a local club that is a charter member of either or both of the two national clubs does not HAVE to belong (pay dues) to the national club as this would be very hard to enforce but it may be wise to keep yearly records if you can when members due pay local dues annually. But most importantly, the local club officers, including at least 5 members, should belong to at least one of the two national clubs for insurance purposes. The two national clubs provide, at no cost to the local clubs, coverage for any club activities that the local club sponsors that may result in a incident that causes a participant of the activity to sue the local club and its officers for sponsoring said activity. Remember this has nothing to do with an automobile accident, covered by individual automobile insurance. I am not an insurance agent but I recommend you speak to some one at one of the two national club headquarters and/or J.C. Taylor who is the carrier for the two national clubs for further details.

Tom Sieffert
Treasurer, MAFCNJ
Tom Sieffert is offline   Reply With Quote