Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-12-2017, 07:25 AM   #1
pgerhardt

Default Have wrench, will travel

As a model A club (http://www.fairfieldcountymodela.club), we are lucky to have a member (Patrick Musante) who is a skilled model A mechanic. On our tours he rides as "tail end Charlie" to help anyone who has trouble. Unlike doctors, he makes house calls, helping us with our restorations.

For me, he came over and disassembled my front end. After two weeks during which time I restored all its components, he came back. Working together, we reassembled the front end including including installing a Randy Gross F-100 steering box/column in one day. Although most of the work on my 29 tudor has been a solo operation, having knowledgable help makes things go MUCH faster. Now my tudor, minus the stupid steering stabilizer it had on it, handles railroad crossing and bumpy roads with aplomb.

Patrick has just finished his website. I figured I would share it with any CT area model A owners who may need some help. (https://www.patsrestoration.com)
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:47 AM   #2
Steve_Mack_CT

Default Re: Have wrench, will travel

pgerhardt, thanks for posting this! I am looking for just such an arrangement. Have always had good luck with R&L Model A in the past. I gave Red my tudor one winter, he had it 6 or 8 weeks, and went through the mechanics so I had a safe, dependable car while I was learning about these cars. I think he is slowing way down though these days. Will definitely bookmark this one for sure as next steps involve front end and brake upgrades for me; we want to start doing some longer distances in the future.

Depending on the car, paying for some or all help makes sense for some of us, of course each person's abilities, time and budget differ. For me I am at a point where I would like to keep my hand in it, but time is tougher to come by these days. This could make sense. Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
Trukluvr

Default Re: Have wrench, will travel

I bought my truck about a month ago. I had Patrick come out and look at my 1929 Pickup. He re-adjusted my brakes and they're actually working now! He gave me a lot of information, and pointers on how to improve my ride. Highly recommended! Will definitely use him again.
Trukluvr is offline   Reply With Quote