Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #21
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: Ebay propay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Kelchner View Post
I made a number of purchases off Ebay over the years using a debit card. Recently I went to pay for something through PayPal as usual and I was denied because I reached some $2,000 total, despite using this card for years and years and having a perfect buyer record Ebay, I am now advised sorry you have to be "Verified". In other words I now have to link bank information, routing number, account number. Maybe its just me but I contacted PayPal and asked them to explain the logic behind this (other than making more money) and since I have a spotless payment record why am I being blocked. They yet to reply.
That's exactly what happened to me during my first round with paypal. I had given them my band account number, but they said I can't use that number because it's already in use. DUH ya, I'm the one using it and had already given it to paypal. I went round and round and finally gave up on paypal for 2 years. I then signed up again and all is well this time.

This thread is about something new to me however, and it's called PROPAY and they want me to fill in my credit card information.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #22
gfewkes

Hi Folks. First off, there are some seriously cool cars here. I'm very much in awe at some the cars in your profile pics. Secondly, I'm the customer service manager for ProPay.I'm not looking to advertise here, just want you to make sure you're able to get the parts and accessories you need for your cars and would hate for you not to because you were not confident in using ProPay. Personally, I think what you do to preserve these vehicles is way cool. I just wanted to clarify some things on here. ProPay has been in business since 1997. We are based out of Lehi, Utah. We are PCI compliant, which means that we adhere to the highest security standards set forth by the credit card industry. When eBay decided to eliminate the cash and check option, they needed to provide other options besides PayPal. ProPay was the first company to integrate with eBay. We are an approved eBay payment option. We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about ProPay. I'm not looking to advertise here, just want you to make sure you're able to get the parts and accessories you need for your cars and would hate for you not to because you were not confident in using ProPay. You can check us out at www.propay.com and www.propay.com/ebay. eBay is also full of information about us as well.
gfewkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #23
QGolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba49 View Post
What I did to cover all internet type transactions is opened a separate checking account with a debit/credit card and only keep enough in the account to cover whatever I'm purchasing on line.ry.
That is exactly what I do too.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #24
H. L. Chauvin

Ran into something similar about six (6) months ago -- received an email from some company saying they were Paypal & wanted lots of my banking information.

Their English grammar was terrible.

Contacted Paypal who reported this was a known foreign, fake Paypal organization illegally trying to acquire banking information -- they suggested ignoring them.

Used to also receive faxes from foreign jerks wanting to deposit large sums of money in my banking account -- reported each fax to FBI -- FBI said to ignore same -- thousands of these faxes were circulating at that time.

All of this goes on only because we have so many uninformed Americans who are not aware of these scams & trust everybody.

Wonderful that these disaster scams are reported on this Forum to make others aware of such.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
ford31

sellers page will show payment options,probably same auction you refer to awhile back I purchased stainless screws great price, asuming they take paypal, not reading, which I did after, I went ahead made purchase using propay,credit card I use for internet I keep just enough for internet use.
ford31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #26
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhartha View Post
Propay is new for EBay and it seems to be a legitimate way to pay. PayPal only take transactions from your bank account were Propay uses secure transactions from your credit card. They offer a small card reader that works on a smart phone to transaction easier for sellers. I've seen them advertised on tv. Here's a link that can explain it better than I can.

http://www.propay.com/industry-solutions/eauction-ebay/
I have paid for hundreds of items on EBay with PayPal charging my credit card.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote