Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
Bob-A

Default They're Talking About Us On EV8....

I glanced at the Early V-8 board header when you first click on The Forums. And saw a thread about us guys in the Model-A section.
Not the best ratings from what I read. Seems they don't like our
"purists" and how some guys are just to opinionated for their taste.
Well, I showed'm....I told them when the going gets tough here in the "A"
trenches I just switch to the VCCA (Vintage Chevrolet Club of America)
message board 'cause I got one of them too.......

Bob-A
Old 04-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: They're Talking About Us On EV8....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-A View Post
I glanced at the Early V-8 board header when you first click on The Forums. And saw a thread about us guys in the Model-A section.
Not the best ratings from what I read. Seems they don't like our
"purists" and how some guys are just to opinionated for their taste.
Well, I showed'm....I told them when the going gets tough here in the "A"
trenches I just switch to the VCCA (Vintage Chevrolet Club of America)
message board 'cause I got one of them too.......

Bob-A

Well I vote "who cares". The owner of thiis forum stated from the very beginning that he wanted this forum to be used to discuss Restoration topics only. Many of these guys from other forums feel they are 'owed' the right to come here to discuss whatever their interests are without regard for reading or obeying the rules. This has offended several people who preferred only to discuss originality or "purist" related subjects. This has already run off some people!! Think about it, ...name some very knowledgable contributors who are now missing from participating on this forum. Is this political? Yep!! Many things have changed for the worse here in this country (USA) because of liberalistic people who lowered the standards by bending the rules long enough that those standards became the norm. This forum is a great forum because people here are very civil to each other, and the language is rated G for all ages. Just like Gun Control, or Healthcare, or whatever agendas are going on in this country, I am going to defend what rules Ryan has established for this forum, ....no matter what the hot rodders or HAMB-er think.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Ross/Kzoo

Well said Brent!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Steve Plucker
BANNED

This thread is going to get good I bet!

Pluck
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
This thread is going to get good I bet!

Pluck
Steve, there will likely be people who will give their rebuttal saying that we should all just accept each other and remember it is "my car, my money, and I should be allowed to do it however I want". What they fail to realize is it is NOT about what they do with their car, ...but about what they are wanting to discuss here.

Something that I have noticed over the years is some folks really get offended when they do not get the answer they were wanting to hear. A great example is regarding the grain elevator car. The OP asked for some (free) advice/opinions on a vehicle he and a friend wanted to purchase. He received plenty of food for thought to help him in his decision but now he is complaining in that thread about some of the advice he received. Come on now, REALLY???

Something else that started that thread over there was the discussion about MACs Auto Parts. Many cited their opinions and experiences, ...and apparently some folks did not like the answers so they choose to complain that this forum is just too critical.

One other comment I will make. There was an opinion by a couple implying the sole purpose with these cars is to drive them because this is the only way you can have fun with them. To me, that is a very judgmental statement in that not everyone who participates here shares their mindset. Some hobbyists own the Model-A for the sole purpose of doing the accurate recreation called restoration. Many of them will never know all the research and thinking that went into executing that type restoration trying to recreate something in exacting detail as it was originally manufactured. Then there are some people who want their Model-A to be art, and I find these people are 110% content just to sit and admire the car sitting in a garage or room in their house. Just like art sculpture or painting collectors, some display privately and some publicly.

Again, the main thing some have issues with appears to be that they do not like the way some of us obey the rules Ryan has established. That makes them so mad they just want to go chop up another Model-A and turn it into a hot rod.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Well the sticky rules on the E-v8 site are exactly the same as here, stock,restoration, small sidebars. Is it more of an attack on certain individuals? it will be for some interesting reading here and there before both threads get closed and or deleted.
its also interesting reading what certain posters really think after time is spent helping them with there questions and issues

here is the link it makes it easier to navigate back and forth::::

http://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102502

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 04-21-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
fordcoupe

Thanks to this site and the members i can work on my model A car/truck knowing i can get help or info. via the forum or search thanks Ryan
Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
Steve Wastler

Haha, just read the E-v8 tread! They need to take their skirts off, as the breeze has shrunk their manhood!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
BudP

My enjoyment of the Model A hobby is substantially enhanced by the quality of the comments in this forum. I reproduce photographs, advice, suggested diagnostic approaches, etc. and place them in a 3 ring binder for future reference by myself or my grandchildren. The personality of the contributor is far less important to me than the quality of his/her remarks.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
Ryan
Administrator

Wow... Dumb thread. How bout we talk about fords?
Closed Thread