Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
DeBordEngineMan

Default Will all body styles including trucks fit any chassis

Hello guys I was wandering if all Model A body styles including trucks fit there perspective years (28-29)(30-31) chassis for example: 31 truck switch with a 30 Tudor can you mix and match bodies and chassis in the same years just wandering may have a chance to buy a chassis but no body, now I know that it must be possible to switch years because my 29 Tudor has a 30 chassis just wanted to know maybe a good "start" for another project car,truck, speedster,huckster or whatever? just wanted to know. And what would be a fair price for one in good shape with running motor, I know that is a wide open question as far "running motor" it could run but knock like a brass band! Just need a little ballpark pricing. Thanks Robert DeBord
DeBordEngineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
ford1

Default Re: Will all body styles including trucks fit any chassis

the answer basically is yes, with a few exceptions, trucks have some brackets in different locations go to "westcott auto" there you can down load drawings of the frames
ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Ron in Quincy

Default Re: Will all body styles including trucks fit any chassis

Robert,

A 28-29 body and cowl can be installed on a 30-31 frame that has its original front cross member; it requires shimming the radiator higher as the mount was lowered to accomodate the taller 30-31 radiator.

You cannot install a 30-31 cowl and body on a 28-29 frame unless you change the front cross member to the 30-31 style; the 28-29 front cross member radiator mount pad is raised to accomodate the shorter radiator.

If you install a 30-31 body on a 28-29 frame without changing the front cross member you will have to shim the body all the way to the rear of the body in order to make the hood and doors fit properly.

Ron
Ron in Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote